Summit Baseball Tournament

sealhall74

I dont know which of the facts is more unbelievable:

1) ORU has won 59 of 62 Summit League tournament games.

2) Going all the way back to 1984, WIU has never won a Summit/MidCon League tournament championship.

I"ll let you decide.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 7:39 am I dont know which of the facts is more unbelievable:

1) ORU has won 59 of 62 Summit League tournament games.

2) Going all the way back to 1984, WIU has never won a Summit/MidCon League tournament championship.

I"ll let you decide.
Yet it's all Brownlee fault.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Yet it's all Brownlee fault.
It's not, but in his time here, we haven't really gotten any better outside of an occasional short streak here and there (which never seems to be quite enough), at least in terms of wins/losses. If winning is your primary factor in deciding success, then he hasn't really done much. If the goal, however, is to have quality guys who are good students and play a little baseball, then maybe he's accomplished enough to stick around...idk.

Winning would be cool, but idk that it matters as much as in football or basketball. Not saying that it's not time to see about moving on, just that in the non-revenue sports, it's not quite as high of importance as some other factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 5:28 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Yet it's all Brownlee fault.
It's not, but in his time here, we haven't really gotten any better outside of an occasional short streak here and there (which never seems to be quite enough), at least in terms of wins/losses. If winning is your primary factor in deciding success, then he hasn't really done much. If the goal, however, is to have quality guys who are good students and play a little baseball, then maybe he's accomplished enough to stick around...idk.

Winning would be cool, but idk that it matters as much as in football or basketball. Not saying that it's not time to see about moving on, just that in the non-revenue sports, it's not quite as high of importance as some other factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
even though i personally wouldn't pull the plug period the issue is what coach of any relevance are you getting to come here and I know the 1st place people will look is QU however he may get better looks and if he doesn't QU is where he went for 3yrs before getting drafted and not sure WIU is a better gig then QU is at this time.
sealhall74

Brownlee might be doing the best he can with available resources (recruiting dollars, facilities, ...) but IMHO, the only way you are going to compete with ORU is recruit a lot of kids from the warmer climes.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 9:57 pmNot sure WIU is a better gig than QU is at this time.
Quincy University is playing in the NCAA Division 2 Baseball Championship Tournament this week.
leatherneckcountry

wiu712 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 8:55 am
leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 9:57 pmNot sure WIU is a better gig than QU is at this time.
Quincy University is playing in the NCAA Division 2 Baseball Championship Tournament this week.
That's exactly why I said he might get better offers and just cause WIU is D1 doesn't mean it's better.
wiu712

The Oral Roberts baseball team learned it will travel to Fayetteville, Arkansas for the 2017 NCAA Regional June 2-5 as announced by the NCAA Division I Baseball Championship Selection Show on ESPN2 Monday.

The Summit League Champion Golden Eagles (42-14) enter the regional as the No. 4 seed and face the host and top seed Razorbacks of Arkansas in the opening game Friday night at 7 p.m. Missouri State earned the No. 2 seed, while Big 12 Tournament Champion, Oklahoma State, makes the trip to Baum Stadium in the No. 3 spot and will play the opening game Friday at 2 p.m.

ORU has faced two of the three opponents during the 2017 campaign splitting a home-and-home set against the Bears and won two meetings with the Cowboys after losing in extra innings on the road in Stillwater. The Golden Eagles have not met Arkansas since the opening game of the 2015 NCAA Stillwater Regional.

The winner of the double-elimination bracket advances to the NCAA Super Regional June 9-12 in Fort Worth, Texas.