Looking for a New Head Track and Field Coach

Neckfansince71

So I was wondering when someone would mention this but since it was discussed on Tanney Talks I will instead. Mike Stevenson did a great job "twice" as Head Track and Field/CC Coach for WIU. In fact, this year's Men's recruiting class is really special. Nick Maas is working very hard to build back WIU Cross Country so the future is bright. Mike has been named the AD and Head of the YMCA sports program at Sauk Valley Junior College in Dixon which is a nice move for him! WIU is currently taking applications and from what I have heard, there are some really good people looking to lead the Leatherneck Track and Field program! More to come! ;) jc
Neckfansince71

So I think we found her! ;) jc
Last edited by Neckfansince71 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neckfansince71

Neckfansince71 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:22 pm So I think we found her! ;) jc
Diane Wholey!!! And does she come with some great knowledge and experience! Welcome Coach Wholey! ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Neckfansince71 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:12 pm
Neckfansince71 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:22 pm So I think we found her! ;) jc
Diane Wholey!!! And does she come with some great knowledge and experience! Welcome Coach Wholey! ;) jc
Wow...that is quite a bit of experience. I'm impressed.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU11DC

Wow talk about an impressive resume! Huge score for WIU. Now, I must admit I don't really pay attention to track and field so my question may seem off base. But, is the HC the same for Mens and womans Track and field or are there two head coaches?
Tere North

WIU11DC wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:28 pm Wow talk about an impressive resume! Huge score for WIU. Now, I must admit I don't really pay attention to track and field so my question may seem off base. But, is the HC the same for Mens and womans Track and field or are there two head coaches?
Same coach for both. Pretty much always is since their meets are combined.
WIU11DC

Makes total sense! I just wasn't sure if that was the case. I wonder if this will also help us recruit a star for the Track and Field team that we'd all like wearing the Leatherneck jersey in the Fall too.