Summit League Baseball Tournament

wiu712

Tourney champ North Dakota State has been placed in the Oregon State Regional:
1. Oregon State
2. UNLV
3. UC-Irvine
4. North Dakota State

Oregon State is the top seed for the NCAA Tournament. Other top seeds are Florida, Virginia, Indiana, Florida State, Louisiana-Lafayette, TCU, and LSU.

The tournament starts on Friday with 16 four-team, double-elimination regionals. Best-of-three super regionals will be held next week with those winners moving to the College World Series in Omaha.

National seeds that win their regionals will play at home in the super regionals.

Complete tournament bracket:
http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1
wiu712

Four NCAA Regional Baseball games will be on ESPNU today (Friday, May 30) including North Dakota State's game.

Noon: Nebraska vs Cal State Fullerton
3PM: Texas vs Texas A&M
6PM: Arkansas vs Liberty
10PM: North Dakota State vs Oregon State
sealhall74

The Bison made it a game losing 2-1 BUT OSU did not use their pitching studs against them. The OSU #3 guy got the win and struck out 14 in 8 innings. The quality of baseball in the upper echelon conferences is incredible. In fact, 10 SEC teams made the field of 64. After watching them last week in Birmingham, I honestly think the SEC teams are better fundamentally (pitchers with command of strike zone, hitters with plate discipline, fielders with leather flash) than the Class A ball teams I see just down my street. Maybe it is because so many Latin Americans playing at the Class A level who are still a little rough around the edges but it is noticeable to me.
Embrace the pace of the race.