Soccer 2021

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Men's and women's "home openers" have been moved to the indoor turf field at the Greater Burlington Area Sports Facilities.

For those familiar with the area, it's out on the west side of town, kinda near Great River Medical Center. No fans are allowed anyway, so seating won't be an issue.

Here's what the inside of that facility looks like:
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Men's Soccer tied Drake 2-2 in the season opener. This game was played at the TBK Sports Complex at Bettendorf.
meganeck

the Men's soccer team did beat Oral Roberts yesterday, i believe I saw ORU was ranked #18
sealhall74

I see we put some money into scoreboard and press box for the practice field. What is the long term goal? Eventually make this field the main soccer field or deal with the drainage problem on the current main field when and if funds are available?
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

The next time we have a university capital campaign we have got to get lights hung on the north side of University Drive. This would improve the experience for fans and athletes alike by a long shot playing baseball softball, and soccer as the sun goes down over Thompson Hall. Would be a nice donation from Amren in my opinion! ;) jc
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:38 amI see we put some money into scoreboard and press box for the practice field.
Leatherneck Soccer Finishes Northwest Field. A new scoreboard and press box were installed thanks to donations made by two local businesses.
https://goleathernecks.com/news/2021/8/ ... field.aspx
sealhall74

Looks like we need to win (tie won't cut the mustard) our final game at Omaha on Saturday to qualify for the Summit League men's soccer championship which will be held on our own campus next weekend.  No pressure, Dr. J. 

The women were a bright spot this year with some nice wins but even they did not make the top 4 to get into tournament.

sealhall74

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:14 pm The next time we have a university capital campaign we have got to get lights hung on the north side of University Drive. This would improve the experience for fans and athletes alike by a long shot playing baseball softball, and soccer as the sun goes down over Thompson Hall. Would be a nice donation from Amren in my opinion! ;) jc

And after that, and after a new arena is in place on south side of University Drive we can connect it to the stuff on the north side with one of these across University Drive.  WELCOME TO LEATHERNECK COUNTRY.  Let me go out now and get my Lottery tickets. 

http://www.burgess-snyder.com/wp-conten ... idge-5.jpg

wiu712

Omaha won today's soccer match 1-0 in overtime.