Fargo Face-off!

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

darn...home run puts IUPUI up 5-3 currently in the top of the 5th inning
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 1:53 pm Looking good so far. I am not crazy about the format of the tournament. No way should the loser of a winner bracket game ever come into a loser bracket game at a disadvantage against a team already in the loser's bracket. But that is what is going to happen to the loser of this game having to play twice in the same day. Most teams at this level have only one top pitcher. Having to go back to back for any pitcher is almost a death sentence.
Yeah I never understood why if a team wins on Thursday then loses on Friday and they lose to that team on Saturday they are done you basically reward the team that loses earlier in the tournament I'm pretty sure baseball does the same thing.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ugh....couple of HRs for IUPUI and they're blowing this thing open. Up 9-4 in the top of the 7th.
sealhall74

Damn, I get on the phone talking family matters with my Aunt from Hamilton, IL and all hell breaks loose. Give Ira a massage and get ready for game two.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yup, 9-4 final score, IUPUI wins.
sealhall74

Ira needs to work the ball inside every now and again to keep the hitters from sitting on the outer half pitches.
rocki

This is pretty much sucking. I realize there are double-headers, but am personally not liking this one game right after another. At least in a double header both teams are fairly equal on playing time/rest time.
sealhall74

I don't know why Ira did not start the game. She came in with one out and a lot of damage already done in the 1st inning. She finished the game. I think if you have two really good pitchers and both are good hitters, you could play both and alternate them through the opponent lineup to keep their pitch count down and the opposition hitters off balance. Most teams have just one good pitcher so what do you do.
Neckfansince71

We just ran out of arm!! Ira is a real "gun slinger!" But the rest of the staff have been bothered by injury and confidence problems. Our best bet was to get a win over IUPUI and then get a night of rest and sleep. Just could not get that done. Coaches have to coach but players have to play! By the time they got to the top of the 7th today, I am sure Ira was just exhausted. Gotta go with your best hunch. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. A very young team. We have another "gunslinger" already signed. We are one "gunslinger" away from a Summit Championship and the NCAA. ;) jc
wiu712

In the first game, IUPUI scored 4 runs in the 6th inning and 4 more in the 7th inning to win the game 9-4.

That put Western immediately into an elimination game with North Dakota State. NDSU scored 4 runs in the 1st inning and went on to win 6-3. Western has been eliminated.

It will be IUPUI vs North Dakota State on Saturday. That game will be on the Midco Sports Network and ESPN3.