Women's Volleyball!

Tere North

And the assistant who held it together during the summer is canned (at least no longer listed as an asst).
sealhall74

For what its worth, he achieved mostly high marks on Rate My Prof while at the JUCO and UW-W stops. I call that success on the court and in the classroom. What else could we ask for?
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

I am very interested to hear how things are going. I am sure there is a phase of transition that will occur moving from getting direction from an assistant coach all summer to now having a head coach that you barely know. Gonna be some growing pains I am sure, it takes time to build trust between coach and team. Appears from the pictures and the video that there is definite direction. ;)jc
leatherneckcountry

Wow one non conference home match talk about screwing the fans over
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:50 am Wow one non conference home match talk about screwing the fans over
The 3 or 4 team round robbins on Fri and Sat seems to be what all schools are going with before conference starts. That makes scheduling very difficult for schools with not a lot of hotel rooms to go around, especially when there might be a home football game on the same Saturday.
Embrace the pace of the race.
withit65

Did anyone notice the Head VB Coach wasn't on the bench tonight? The rumors of his drinking and leaving the team in Denver Airport and other misconducts are begining to seem true!
Necksvb02

I heard he has been dismissed for poor choices and subsequent comments while on a team trip. Would hope an announcement is forthcoming. Will be seeking 3rd coach in 4 seasons...
Neckfansince71

Coach Staupe is still at the helm! Put together a nice recruiting class! ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Senior Mariah Mitchell is transferring to Iowa State. She was the team leader in points this last season.

From an article on Iowa State's athletics website:
Mitchell joins from Western Illinois, where she played in 73 matches for the Leathernecks. Mitchell, a two-time Summit League Preseason Player to Watch, recorded 546 kills across her three seasons in Macomb along with 161 total blocks. In May, she completed her Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture with a minor in Plant Breeding and will begin her Master's in Seed Technology and Business.

Mitchell will be returning to her home state as a Wapello, Iowa native. In high school, she recorded 951 kills across three seasons, earning conference player of the year as a senior while being first-team all-conference twice.

"Mariah really wanted to come back to play in her home state," Johnson-Lynch said. "She was a great player for Western Illinois and carried a heavy load as an attacker. She is very experienced and has the ability to terminate on the pins. I always love having left-handed attackers on the team – it's a different look and it helps us in so many ways. Mariah is a pretty unique student as well, I've been impressed with her character, dedication to her studies, and desire to get her Master's Degree."
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000