Basketball Recruits - 2020

vatusay

Well, we will see how highland would perform if they were a D1 program lol.
#ALLIN #YOLO
loyalfan

I think Justin Brookens is a big get!..with what has already been brought in and is left..I’m excited again
sealhall74

loyalfan wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:32 pm I think Justin Brookens is a big get!..with what has already been brought in and is left..I’m excited again
Best stats for JUCO recruit (20+ PPG, 51% from deep, 5 assists/G, 87% FT) I have seen come to Western Hall in a VEEERRRY long time.
He is not that tall at 5'9" but if he is quick, it could be fun to watch.

His earlier video mixes are impressive. You don't guard him one on one. Might have us saying "Kobe Who?"
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:14 pm
Bball Fan wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:29 am Good start. Any news on whether Young, Pyle, Johnson, etc. returning or not ?
Not sure who Johnson is Ben and Zion are pretty tight lipped about everything I know southern university offered Arrington.
I wonder if he means Jones, as in Anthony Jones. His brother, Sincere McMahon was coming in, then backed out after Billy was let go. So would leave me to believe Anthony won't stick around either.

I haven't really seen anything about Pyle and Zion, so I still have hope they might be back. Looks like Roderick Smith and Arrington are gone for sure. Right now I have it they have to replace 7 players, the graduating seniors and the for sure transfers and they have 7 new players coming in. So that matches up, but I'm sure there will be players leaving unfortunately..
vatusay

Wow, yea just saw brookins committed shortly after Jeter offered him. All American JUCO player. What a huge piece for this team for the first year under Jeter. The last JUCO all American commitment I remember was TP. If I remember right he was considered “under-sized” for a F/C so he slipped through the cracks. I hope we see the same result from brookins. Jeter seems to be filling out the roster nicely considering the situation.
#ALLIN #YOLO
letsgonecks

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:15 pm Rod Johnson has committed to transfer to Western for his final season of eligibility.

He's a 6'7" forward originally from Sun Prairie, WI (suburb of Madison), and both parents played college basketball at Milwaukee back in the '90s.
He spent his first year at DII Northern Michigan, second year he played in 31 games at Highland Community College. Following that he had a medical redshirt year and played his 3rd year (last season) at UT-Chattanooga. At UTC, he played in 31 games with an average of 20.9 minutes per game and 6.5 ppg on a team that ended the season 20-13.
Here's his bio from UTC's athletics site: https://gomocs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6853&path=mbb

This get might open the door for his 2021 PG bro Kobe to entertain WIU. He currently has offers from DePaul, Indiana State, Milwaukee and WIU (edited after seeing he was already in the 2021 thread).

Pipe dream would be things don't pan out at Duke for his 5 Star 2020 bro Jalen and he comes to WIU as well.
wiu712

Rod Johnson transferring to WIU.
From the Sun Prairie Star:
https://www.hngnews.com/sun_prairie_sta ... 83869.html
leatherneckcountry

leatherneckcountry

leatherneckcountry