2016 Recruits

meganeck

WIU offered a 7'2" center today from Egypt who is playing at Colby Community College. Ahmed Ismail is his name
sealhall74

meganeck wrote:WIU offered a 7'2" center today from Egypt who is playing at Colby Community College. Ahmed Ismail is his name
small sample size for a big kid, but shooting 85% from beyond the arc. Ahmed is beyond amazing on paper.

http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2015 ... r=0&pos=st
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

I wonder if WIU has any interest in Ethan Meeker from Galesburg, he is a guard and is averaging over 20 pts a game. I think I saw he is in the top 10 for career scoring in the Western Big 6. I don't think he has any D1 offers but from what I have seen, he is a D1 player.

Just curious if anyone else has seen him play and think it is always nice to have some local players on the team
sealhall74

meganeck wrote:I wonder if WIU has any interest in Ethan Meeker from Galesburg, he is a guard and is averaging over 20 pts a game. I think I saw he is in the top 10 for career scoring in the Western Big 6. I don't think he has any D1 offers but from what I have seen, he is a D1 player.

Just curious if anyone else has seen him play and think it is always nice to have some local players on the team
Have not seen him play but he apparently has demonstrated D1 potential for a couple of years now, according to some:

http://ilprepbullseye.com/Meeker_Player_Watch.html
vatusay

Hopefully Billy is keeping tabs on him. Dont want another Lawrence Alexander to slip by.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ibleedpurpleandgold

vatusay wrote:Hopefully Billy is keeping tabs on him. Dont want another Lawrence Alexander to slip by.
Yeah i don't think anyone saw lawrence becoming the player he turned out to be we recruited him when i was a student manager in juco but he chose to go to a prep school instead.
vatusay

Are there any verbals yet?
#ALLIN #YOLO
loyalfan

Its kinda interesting to go onto JucoJunction.com and see who we have interest from and who we are competing with for recruits...Not that a put alot of stock in it because Ive followed it for several years and it seems we dont ever get anyone on the list but it is interesting that we do have several offers out there that I hadnt even known about for next year and that we are recruiting against alot of bigger schools as well...Looks like Molinari got one away from us in Billys first year if my math is right...just a little thing to check out for those interested in that stuff....
meganeck

meganeck wrote:WIU offered a 7'2" center today from Egypt who is playing at Colby Community College. Ahmed Ismail is his name
Ismail visited WIU on the 24th
sealhall74

meganeck wrote:
Ismail visited WIU on the 24th
Did he participate in a team workout?

NCAA seems a little inconsistent in that regard:

"As an NCAA rule, Division I and Division III schools do not allow tryouts. On an official or unofficial visit, you may participate in workouts that are not organized or observed by the coaching staff. Typically, the workout will be lead by the team’s captains and they must not be designed to test your athletic ability. Division II and NAIA schools are allowed to conduct one tryout, in the off-season of your sport, during your senior year.

So coach cannot observe the workout. I assume he could pick the brain of a guy like Garret regarding how the workout went if there was one.