2016 Recruits

vatusay

Seems like a "depth" signing. Hopefully I am wrong.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

Sometimes you might bring in a player whose primary purpose in life is to improve another player. With Chapman gone, we did not have anyone with enough beef on their bones to challenge Gilbeck. Snyder certainly fits that bill. I hope he can put a few points on the board too but not holding my breath.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Here's another one:
Lynrick Moxey, 6'2" 190lb guard from Exuma, Bahamas, by way of Lamar (CO) Community College
LCC Bio: http://golopes.com/sports/mbkb/2015-16/ ... nrick_3qek

Not overly impressed with his stats either, but I know barely more than zilch about basketball, so if Coach Wright thinks he can contribute, then ok.

[tweet]725411663835439104[/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Necks2003

Hoping for the best, but it seems odd neither of these guys really started or played significant minutes at the JUCO level. I am all for bringing in some JUCO transfers. However, usually I would have expected they would be significant contributors/starters at the JUCO level if they were believed to be DI talent. I think that is the main benefit of kids going to JUCO route. Instead of sitting on the bench the first 2 seasons, go somewhere and get real playing time to advance your skill set.
loyalfan

Well....hmmm...not sure what to think about these signings. It looks like Moxey can score when he is on the floor and has a decent shooting %...Just not sure why we signed another guard...He kinda reminds me of a Tommy Tyler (sp) which isnt a bad thing...I just really thought we were gonna go heavy into finding a big man presence like TP to give us some down low scoring punch and athleticism...Who knows, maybe we are losing some ppl...that would be my guess but I dont know that or heard that. I think Snyder is definately a "depth" signing, but the guy seems to be able to score nicely when right around the basket...I dont know...just feel like something has to be up with some of the players leaving maybe...anyone know if we have any scholorships left for this year???
sealhall74

We are losing 3 of top 4 scorers to graduation. Aside from Garret, I don't know where points are going to come from next year. If we dont get a couple of guys to have huge breakout years, opponents will simply lock down on Garret and it will be a very long season.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

I see Brady Ernst is transferring from iowa st if healthy he could be a good pick up wonder if the staff will try to go after him he is from clinton IA.
meganeck

I wonder if Billy doesn't want transfers or they just don't want to come to WIU, but I never see any mentions of any transfers considering WIU.