Basketball Recruits List - 2015

vatusay

searching rivals there is a big man showing interest. not sure about scholarship status but would be nice to see wiu get him just because its what this time desperately needs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... lis-167299

here is a short article that tells small amount about high school recruiting. also lists him at 7' instead of 6' 11". looks like he has offers from Northern Illinois and liberty. 247sports claims he had offer from Arizona State out of high school. Rivals had him as a three star prospect and third best center in illinois his senior year. another positive, it looks like he would have three years of eligibility remaining.

http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/2015 ... rew-zelis/
#ALLIN #YOLO
WIU0812

Unless something weird happens or we find a walk on, it looks like this years recruiting will be Guard De'Angelo Bruster and Power Forward James Claar. I believe we only had two scholarships for this season and that being said unless each of these guys got a half ride (can you even do that in basketball?) or something I would suspect that there will be no more additions.
sealhall74

WIU0812 wrote:Unless something weird happens or we find a walk on, it looks like this years recruiting will be Guard De'Angelo Bruster and Power Forward James Claar. I believe we only had two scholarships for this season and that being said unless each of these guys got a half ride (can you even do that in basketball?) or something I would suspect that there will be no more additions.
I just looked at the roster changes for last 6 years. If history repeats itself (it usually does), we will lose 3.3 underclassmen off the current roster. Mo had some really bad years to say the least. I hope Billy has more patience to develop kids than Mo did.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

Basketball like FBS football does not allow you split scholarships.
meganeck

Sounds like WIU was in Clinton last Friday watching Brady Ernst, Clinton, Ia SR Forward. So I would say somehow they will have at least 1 more scholarship available.
sealhall74

meganeck wrote:Sounds like WIU was in Clinton last Friday watching Brady Ernst, Clinton, Ia SR Forward. So I would say somehow they will have at least 1 more scholarship available.
Looks like a good kid to grab on to if we can get him. However, just saw where he injured ankle or knee playing against Muscatine last night and had to leave the game. Interestingly, he apparently was fouled by none other than our newly signed FB recruit Matt Wieskamp on that play.

I don't make this stuff up. It's a small world and everything is connected to everything.
meganeck

Ernst tweeted that he tore his ACL last night, so be interesting to see what happens, recruiting wise.
hoops3

Any updates on Recruits for this spring?
meganeck

According to Scott Phillips on Twitter, WIU received a commitment from
6-11 Wisconsin native Brandon Gilbeck, Averaged 17 and 10 in his senior season.

If this is true, should be great news for Western.
sealhall74

meganeck wrote:According to Scott Phillips on Twitter, WIU received a commitment from
6-11 Wisconsin native Brandon Gilbeck, Averaged 17 and 10 in his senior season.

If this is true, should be great news for Western.
I watched a little video (below) of him. Looks like a decent rebounder and shot blocker (Brandon was also 1st team all-conference in soccer as a goalie). Scoring ability around the bucket pretty much untested in that video but I did see him knock down a 3 or two Frank Kaminksy-style. We can only hope he works out as well for us.

Favorite moment in this video is at 5:50 mark where Brandon jumps over a kid on the floor and lays it in gently.

[youtube][/youtube]