Basketball Recruits List - 2015

letsgonecks

Gilbeck looks like the real deal. Probably passed over because he played lower competition. Liked Wrights comments on how he should make an immediate impact. Already has great size, can finish strong, blocks shots, and MAKES FREE THROWS. From his JR and SR highlights looks like he doesn't go left or finish left and that may be because he never had to, but something he'll need to do to keep the D honest.

Agree, not much on Claar, but might be a red-shirt for next year if most the bigs come back.

Thinking some might not, as I see a recent offer on Verbal Commits for a 6-7 JUCO Forward. With 3 signed and another offer out, it must mean 1 or 2 players aren't coming back.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/terrence-thompson
WIU0812

True, but the lower competition also leaves more to question whether he was really that dominant or if he just had it easy playing against players a foot shorter than him.
letsgonecks

I'd agree that helped his dominance and it'll be a big adjustment. I posted earlier on him and was impressed with what looked to be effortless, yet powerful two hand finishes.

Jr to Sr film shows major stripes on his inside game as he put on some mass and could still move. He looks to get up quick and finish and yes those gaps will close quicker at the D1 level, but has that ability. Thinking back to our last 6-10/6-11 guys and neither Granstra nor Gebru ever dunked. Granstra a good shot blocker, but not very effective around the rim on offense. To boot, this kid looks to have some touch on his shot and that has definitely not been the case of any bigs over the years (ok Houpt was 6-7 and could shoot).

I could be way off, but that's my WIU optimism coming out.
sealhall74

I was browsing the Summit League rosters this AM. Some are still incomplete but if things stay the same for us, it looks like we might have the most "overall length" of any team in the league. A lot will certainly hinge on what can be done during the off-season but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

6' 10" center Jordan Hughes of Conant has signed with WIU per Twitter.

Can't find much about him out on the webz.
#ALLIN #YOLO
vatusay

#ALLIN #YOLO
WIU0812

We just went from what may have been the smallest team in the Summit League to what now may be one of the biggest teams. Our recruits this year averaged 6' 7" which is sayings something because one was 5'11". We now have two true centers when last year we clearly had none. I would expect both will play next year as well as long as they stay healthy and show even a little bit of talent.

http://goleathernecks.com/news/2015/5/1 ... 35057.aspx
sealhall74

Well, one thing we can say about Billy is he sees the need and addresses the need. With this influx of bigs, if Billy has any plans to replace Wade H as coach, I would love to see him bring in someone who either was a successful 5 man or who has a history of nurturing along one.
Embrace the pace of the race.
loyalfan

Wow...Im pretty excited about this next year and what might be with all this new size coming on board...it will be interesting to see what kind of offense we run, etc...this is very refreshing to actually be able to compete on the same playing field, size wise, as everyone else for a change...
Neckfansince71

Last year's recruiting class was almost like a player smorgasbord with the coaching staff getting a taste of the abilities of the players recruited. It seems like Coach Wright this year has headed to "Outback Steakhouse" to get some real meat! He has recruited a guard and three big guys who have an extremely large upside at the 4 and 5. Yes, they need to be developed but they are definitely viable players. Things "Leatherneck" can only get better!!!!! And we will get to see them develop on ESPN3! ;) jc