2014 Basketball Recruit Discussions

WIU0812

assuming that none of the players left the team from last year we should have 1 more full ride scholarship left to give out. I believe in division 1 you have to give out for full ride scholarships to each plyer. I know that there are only 13 scholarships allowed for each mens basketball team. Anyone else hoping the 6 ' 10" Tobe is the last scholarship?
loyalfan

I would love to see us get him BUT I read earlier today that he is visiting Houston and that now Memphis is in the picture so its looking like it isnt gonna happen for us...Id take another guy with Chapman's size...anyone with some bulk to em and get us 6 to 8 pts in the paint...I think our outside shooting production is gonna be better by leaps and bounds...we just need some inside presence to go after boards and putbacks in my opinion...
wiu712

Jalen Chapman Joins Fighting Leatherneck Men's Basketball.

http://www.goleathernecks.com/ViewArtic ... M_ID=12000
WIU0812

I could be wrong after hearing that foster and Hawthorne may have left. This would leave 3 scholarships
vatusay

I wouldn't count out wright having a chance at landing okafor. Remember he pulled Covington away from some even bigger schools than Memphis.
#ALLIN #YOLO
WIU0812

I was going to say the same thing. Wright is an awesome recruiter and this year is one of best ones to be a WIU transfer.
meganeck

letsgonecks wrote:So trying to get a grasp on most players that have been mentioned for 2014. Please update as you see fit.

Arlando Cook - 6-8 PF - Signed Connors State JUCO

Tevin King - 6-2 PG - available - unsure if offered by wiu

Anthony Elechi - 6-8 PF JUCO - available and offered by WIU (Pre Coach Wright)

Deion Lavender - 6-3 SG - Signed SIU

Armon Fletcher - 6-6 SF - Signed SIU

Jalen Henry - 6-7 PF - Signed SIUE

Kalif Wright - 6-7 SF JUCO - Signed Miami (OH)

Kyle Flanagan - 6-8 PF - available I believe and unsure of any offer

Kendall Rollins - 6-6 SF - available and offered (by Coach Wright)

Shea Feehan - 6-1 SG - Signed DII Lewis University

Wesley Afolayan - 6-8 PF JUCO - available and unsure of any offer

Ahmead Frost - 6-1 PG - available and unsure of any offer

David "DJ" Blanks - 6-3 G JUCO - available and unsure of any offer

]Anthony Elechi is still open and still showing interest from WIU
meganeck

I still would like to see WIU nab a 5th year transfer. Darius Stokes, a 6'7" transfer from Iowa would be a nice fit.
WIU0812

Lack of movement and info in last week is a little Eerie wondering if they are visiting any more players or just hoping for the last few they offered to accept.
letsgonecks

In case anyone is interested in seeing an updated transfer list for D1 basketball. Both Barnes and Foster listed, but not Hawthorne. Neither showing their landing spot, but do know from Twitter Barnes is going to Cape Fear CC in Wilmington, NC.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... basketball