Basketball Recruits - 2021

letsgonecks

FR PG Aquan Smart is transferring from Maryland. High School ball at North Niles.

Played 22 games with Maryland, but didn't do much. I'm guessing his not doing much in the B10 puts him ahead ability wise of Watson who didn't do much in the Summit.

Sandage looked good with the ball and new guy could do the trick, but would be nice to land a young true point guard.
leatherneckcountry

letsgonecks wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:48 am FR PG Aquan Smart is transferring from Maryland. High School ball at North Niles.

Played 22 games with Maryland, but didn't do much. I'm guessing his not doing much in the B10 puts him ahead ability wise of Watson who didn't do much in the Summit.

Sandage looked good with the ball and new guy could do the trick, but would be nice to land a young true point guard.
I don't believe we have anymore open scholarships.
letsgonecks

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:11 pm
letsgonecks wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:48 am FR PG Aquan Smart is transferring from Maryland. High School ball at North Niles.

I don't believe we have anymore open scholarships.
Good question.

Not sure about Rod Johnson's future with WIU and if he's coming back. Don't have any current HS recruits committed as Jonathan Dunn looks to have reclassified to 2022. Johnson gives us 12 and without gives us 11, unless I'm missing someone.
leatherneckcountry

KJ Lee will be committing tomorrow. I know he has been offered by Grand Canyon, SLU,EIU and CMU along with us even though i think the last two were before coaching changes at those schools. He could be a similar player to Carius.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:11 pm KJ Lee will be committing tomorrow. I know he has been offered by Grand Canyon, SLU,EIU and CMU along with us even though i think the last two were before coaching changes at those schools. He could be a similar player to Carius.
I assume you mean he'll be announcing who he's committing to tomorrow (Sunday), right?
I originally read your post as saying he is committing to us tomorrow, but I think I read that incorrectly.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:23 am
leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:11 pm KJ Lee will be committing tomorrow. I know he has been offered by Grand Canyon, SLU,EIU and CMU along with us even though i think the last two were before coaching changes at those schools. He could be a similar player to Carius.
I assume you mean he'll be announcing who he's committing to tomorrow (Sunday), right?
I originally read your post as saying he is committing to us tomorrow, but I think I read that incorrectly.
yes sorry I meant he'll be announcing who he's committing to tomorrow/today if it means anything he's pretty much following the entire staff and has liked some of the coaches tweets.
leatherneckcountry

It's official he's from O'Fallon Mo averaged about 20 and 6 this year.
sealhall74

Lee looks like a great find. His videos show great touch from range with the ball handling skills of a PG to boot.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

letsgonecks

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:51 am
Coaches kid, so probably coming in fundamentally sound. Looks like his pops has had a pretty successful coaching career. Long time high school head coach with college stops at Texas A&,M, St. Louis, and Baylor. As a HS HC, won a MO State title coaching Bradley Beal. Also coached former NBAer David Lee. Always nice to have those types of connections.

Excited about this kid. Wish we could have kept Jonathan Dunn on board as he looks to be a beast and probably going power 5 in 2022 (recently got Mizzu offer).