Football Recruits - 2016

letsgonecks

ST_Lawson wrote:I'm just going to leave this here....I don't know anything about his current status beyond what's mentioned in this post, but he was HS teammates and friends with current Leatherneck LB Brett Taylor.

[tweet]687673919923326977[/tweet]
Thought about posting a few weeks back I wouldn't be surprised if he transferred back here. Didn't get much action and next year might not have gotten much better. I guess he could try to fill Ricketts Guard spot, but here's what I was thinking. Come back to play some DL on the same side as his boy Brett........we have some spots up for grabs. He never got FBS O-lineman thick and maybe he's ready to hit some people carrying the ball.
rocki

Can't remember if it was this thread or another, but somebody had posted about this when the Iowa State coach got fired.....of course, then we had our coach (at the time) leave, and they said the "moment had passed" - or some such thing.

Kid was a really good high school football player, would be nice if he had any interest at all in WIU. Who knows?
LeatherCy

Can confirm Nick Severs is no longer on the Iowa State FB team. He is graduating in three years with a 3.71 GPA. Wants to go to grad school in Criminal Justice. Iowa State doesn't have a grad program. NDSU contacts Nick within minutes of the announcement last night. Thank goodness Fargo is at least 12 hours from Macomb. I'd bet he will be Leatherneck with two years eligibility left.
vatusay

So is that a source close to the situation confirming he will be back in Macomb? Lol
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

LeatherCy wrote:Can confirm Nick Severs is no longer on the Iowa State FB team.
Chris Duerr talked about this on tonight's KHQA-TV-7 Sports. He mentioned that Nick Severs is focusing on his academics right now. He also mentioned that both North Dakota State and Western have a program in Criminal Justice.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Sounds promising:

[tweet]687995200996831232[/tweet]

For reference, Marchalo Judge is the 2-star (on Rivals) safety from Tampa, FL. He decommitted from Western, and has offers from a bunch of FCS schools and even a few FBS schools: Illinois, Florida International, New Mexico, Toledo.
I can't embed more than one tweet in a post (it messes up the site), but here's a few more recent ones:

So, it sounds like he's still very interested in coming here, which would be huge.

I'm hoping that for most of the recruits who decommitted, that it was less "maybe I'll go somewhere else" and more "let me take a step back and get a chance to get to know the new coaches before I say for sure", which would bode well for retaining a large part of the existing group of guys who'd verbally committed earlier.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

He is one of they would I would hate to see go the most.

Good find, hopefully he likes the new coaching staff as much as everyone else.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ibleedpurpleandgold

If they could keep him and Cleveland that would be huge keeping king would be nice to.
meganeck

Just read that Pella (Ia) QB/DB, Noah Clayberg is weighing a walk-on opportunity from Iowa and FCS offers from WIU, UNI, South Dakota,& South Dakota St
Leatherneck57

Reliable source says Severs has been accepted to Western if he decides to come. He's being worked on...