Football Recruits - 2016

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ibleedpurpleandgold wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote:
ibleedpurpleandgold wrote:Richardson committed to USD
Where are you seeing that? I don't see anything on his Twitter about it.
http://www.twincities.com/2016/02/02/na ... mmitments/#
Hmmm...ok.

I was hoping he'd choose Western, but wouldn't be surprised if he went to USD. Seems likely. Not a big deal though, the guys we are getting look pretty solid. Seriously beefing up the defense...a few crazy offensive weapons...I still like where things are headed.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ibleedpurpleandgold

Yeah it looks like USD will end up with about 30 players and we will probably end up between 15 and 20 but we didn't lose a whole lot so we don't have nearly as many scholarships.
BobLovely

Signing Day has arrived! I have my coffee. I am ready...

Bob
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

One of the guys we had on our list at one point was Dante Cleveland, a TE/DE out of Hoffman Estates with a bunch of offers. Had committed to Western originally, reopened recruiting when coaching staff left. He just signed on with Central Michigan (MAC). I'm good with that...just happy he didn't follow the guys to South Dakota, and he'll be in the FBS.
[tweet]694893388651438080[/tweet]
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just FYI, official signing day updates are being posted over in the National Signing Day thread: http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/ ... f=12&t=848

We're down to probably 3 players that were supposed to be committing that haven't sent in their NLI's yet (outside of ones we haven't heard of at all and/or walk-ons).
Clint Ratkovich, QB/MLB from Crete, IL
Raymond Sullivan, DE/OLB from Lincolnshire, IL
and an unknown player from eastern Ohio

Also, Lance Lenoir's brother Landon did sign with Southern Illinois. I hope he does well there (just not when they're playing against us).
rocki

So, how many more do you think we will get? Just curious because these have already come in, and didn't know whether kids liked to hold out 'til the last minute and make a big deal of signing, or what.

Very satisfied with who we've gotten already, don't get me wrong.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote:So, how many more do you think we will get? Just curious because these have already come in, and didn't know whether kids liked to hold out 'til the last minute and make a big deal of signing, or what.

Well, technically the "last minute" would be April 1st...that's when the regular signing period ends. Today just happens to be the first day of it. Probably a few kids couldn't get stuff taken care of first thing in the morning...had an early class or something. We'll probably see the rest trickle in later as kids have time during lunch or right after school lets out. If a kid is prioritizing attending class over getting his NLI sent in a few hours earlier...I'm ok with that.

Also, I think we found out our mystery Ohio recruit...

[tweet]694921679211008011[/tweet]

I'll get info together soon...he's a 6' 5", 289 lb Tackle from Warren, OH.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5092560/myron-cunningham
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote:
rocki wrote:So, how many more do you think we will get? Just curious because these have already come in, and didn't know whether kids liked to hold out 'til the last minute and make a big deal of signing, or what.

Well, technically the "last minute" would be April 1st...that's when the regular signing period ends. Today just happens to be the first day of it. Probably a few kids couldn't get stuff taken care of first thing in the morning...had an early class or something. We'll probably see the rest trickle in later as kids have time during lunch or right after school lets out. If a kid is prioritizing attending class over getting his NLI sent in a few hours earlier...I'm ok with that.

Also, I think we found out our mystery Ohio recruit...

[tweet]694921679211008011[/tweet]

I'll get info together soon...he's a 6' 5", 289 lb Tackle from Warren, OH.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5092560/myron-cunningham

Shows how much I know about the signing process. :oops:
sealhall74

Does a smart coach always keep a scholly or two in his back pocket just in case? I am thinking yes, but maybe bird in hand is worth two in bush.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Myron Cunningham is on twitter here: https://twitter.com/CunninghamMyron
He must be the one then, he's being followed by pretty much the entire coaching staff.