Football Recruits - 2016

ibleedpurpleandgold

https://twitter.com/j_petricca
i noticed this kid just started following the entire coaching staff.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

LeatherCy wrote:If you're talking about Dylan Powell from Hannibal, MO it appears he will sign with an FBS or whatever 1A schools are called. He decommitted from Purdue 10 days ago and had great visit at Iowa State last weekend and I believe believe was going to VA Tech this weekend. Stanford also came into the picture late.
For anyone curious about this kid, he picked Stanford. A great opportunity for a relatively local kid.
Ben Marth posted this quote from Powell: "Stanford was a 40-year decision, not a four-year decision."

[tweet]694339811004530688[/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

So, the Leatherneck Football twitter account just sent out a bunch of tweets showing places that their recruits are coming from (see example tweet embedded below).
To summarize all of them and attempt to match them up with the guys we already know about.

"Sunshine State" (Florida) - Logan Miller from Clearwater, FL
Alabama - Creighton Lynch from Florence, AL
"In-State" (Illinois) - bunch of guys...Springfield and Chicago area mostly
"Hoosier daddy" (Indiana) - Kyle Williams from Lebanon, IN
"Rocky went to Rocky Top" (Tennessee) - Vic Johnson from Cookville, TN
"Motor City" (Michigan) - Connor Sampson and Darron Wheeler from Belleville, MI
"lockdown corner from STL" (Missouri) - Cameron Russell-Clemons from St. Louis, MO
"big dawg barking from Ohio" - haven't heard a name at this point, but we know that he's from eastern Ohio...around the Youngstown/Akron area
"stud from 608" (Wisconsin) - Maxwell Gober from Madison, WI
"key player from the keystone state" (Pennsylvania) - Mike Viti from Camp Hill, PA

Then there's one that I don't know about at this point...
"Peach State" (Georgia) - I don't have anyone on my list from GA at this point. We had one guy...a really fast big d-lineman from Arabia Mountain HS (just southwest of Atlanta), but he tweeted that he'd committed to Mississippi Valley State the other day. So, I don't know if he just changed his mind, or if they have someone else from around there, or what. So this one could be surprise for us.

[tweet]694635601778327552[/tweet]
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ibleedpurpleandgold wrote:https://twitter.com/j_petricca
i noticed this kid just started following the entire coaching staff.
Looks like he has an offer from Valparaiso...not much else.
I wonder if the staff took a look at him, maybe stopped by to talk with him last week or something, but decided not to make an offer.
He looks like a pretty decent QB, but with who we have now and the two guys who will likely be signing next week, we're kinda QB-rich right now. We're picking up the kid from Michigan (and his WR teammate), as well as the more running/wildcat QB (really he can play a bunch of different positions) from Crete-Monee.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

There's a possibility that the previously mentioned kid from GA could be Mackay Phillips, a 6'2" 265lb Defensive end from South Gwinnett HS in Snellville, GA (a bit east of Atlanta). LN57 pointed out to me that he's following a bunch of the coaches on twitter and he has one offer from Army currently. I haven't heard that we offered him, but he may not have mentioned anything about it on twitter.

Here's some info and highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2821851/mackay-phillips
And he's here on twitter: https://twitter.com/phillips_mackay
ibleedpurpleandgold

I want to know where Cleveland is going to go even though i think it is very unlikely he will recommit here he has kept the recruiting process very secretive.
rocki

The other kid from Georgia that we looked at earlier has committed to Mississippi Valley State. (Daekwon Moultrie.)
ibleedpurpleandgold

rocki wrote:The other kid from Georgia that we looked at earlier has committed to Mississippi Valley State. (Daekwon Moultrie.)
yeah that was the kid that scott was talking about in his post.
ibleedpurpleandgold

I think this kid will be a commit tomorrow that we don't know about.
https://twitter.com/Tre6Hendon