2015 Football Recruiting Discussion

WIU0812

So I added our first verbal that I could find to the 2015 list and figured I would start the discussion page so that we can keep them somewhat seperate. I have been busy lately so sorry for falling behind on some of the info.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

No comments on the recruits yet, but I just wanted to say...

Great job [user]WIU0812[/user], as usual, keeping us updated on the recruiting front.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
VA Leatherneck

Jake Barnes. Newman Central has committed
sealhall74

What is the situation with Max Norris who is listed as "COMMITTED" on other thread. I hope it is true but I can't find any confirmation of a verbal. I just watched the kid in last week's Indiana state quarterfinal playoff game. He is an absolute horse with that added weight and it takes two to get him on the ground. Put up 166 yards on 13 touches in a half of work. He can also catch the ball. Some team (hopefully us) will be smacking their lips if they get him. Reminds me a lot of a guy named Zenner. That high school has a very nice web site with link to last week's playoff game on it if you care to get a recent look at him:

http://www.centergrovefootball.com/cg-v ... s-north-2/
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

This is from the schools sports facebook page back in August:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 7425771500

If you go to the actual page and scroll down to August it is no longer there, so don't know what that means????

But yeah, the kid is a beast.
WIU0812

Most of the info I get is from scouring through twitter and finding info regarding Western Sports. Like I said on the football post about this weeks games, not a lot of ranked kids have shown up on any of the sites as being recruited by WIU.
sealhall74

Given this tweet from his coach, I would say Max Norris was/is holding out for better offers:

[tweet]525103564272988161[/tweet]

Verbals do not mean much this day or any day.
WIU0812

From what I can see online IU never made an offer. I would not rank him better than last years recruit that we landed Brock Broughton, but he does seem like a good player and would fit in nicely at WIU.
sealhall74

Max was back at last Friday. A couple of long TDs and one of the most devastating blocks leading to a TD that you will ever see from a RB. Screw it, if you can't get Max, I would be making an offer to his Personal Trainer/strength coach. Seriously! That boy put on about 40 lbs in a year. A funny quote comes to mind about now:

Teach a man to fish and he will kick your ass and steal your fishing pole.

http://www.centergrovefootball.com/cg-vs-southport/
WIU0812

Brody Crossin will be visiting WIU on the first weekend in December. Hopefully he likes what he sees and the weather is halfway decent for the visit.