2017 - Discussion of Basketball Recruits

Neckfansince71

Agreed! TP's recruiting and success was like finding a gold mine in your folks basement. Almost like getting a "real" move in on the high school level! For me, as a coach, I only had one such "gold mine" and his arrival along with the talent that had come up through the program took us to a conference championship and a date to the sectional finals! I do like what our freshman are doing at present and the one we have recruited from Minneapolis is quite the scorer! ;) jc
sealhall74

If you want to see some remarkable JC production per minute, just need to head north about 30 miles to Carl Sandburg. I am not sure what the MPG stat means. Lets hope our coaches are making lots of in-person visits and not relying on these numbers. LOL

http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2016 ... pos=sh&r=0
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

NFS71, the Minneapolis kid, I am trying to figure out what class his team (Miinneapolis North) plays in. The have a very good record. I saw one poll having them ranked #7 in the state. I think they are in class 4A???. Is that the highest class in MN? Confusing to say the least. If his level of competition is top-notch, we could be getting a good one there. On the other hand, if the class system is watered down, you can have state champion teams with 30 point scorers who are hardly d2 talent. Anders Broman who went to SDSU comes to mind.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

They appear to be Class A! 19-1 from what I can see. He is the real deal no matter what class!!! ;) jc
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:48 pmI am trying to figure out what class his team (Miinneapolis North) plays in. The have a very good record. I saw one poll having them ranked #7 in the state. I think they are in class 4A???. Is that the highest class in MN?
Minneapolis North is currently 19-1 and ranked #2 in Class A.

Minnesota has 4 classes for basketball: A, AA, AAA, and AAAA.

Minneapolis North has an enrollment of 199.
loyalfan

Boy, I was really hoping we might have a shot at landing PG Mark Smith out of Edwardsville, who we offered awhile back, but it seems the "Big Boys" have now got involved in the recruiting process after his season this year...I know he just visited Illinois and has many more offers than he did about 6 months ago...Here is to hoping he goes with someone who was on him from the beginning....He would be HUGE for us!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I don't normally get much into basketball recruits, but I saw this come across twitter this morning:
Kobe Webster, 6'0", 155 lb
PG from Park Tudor HS in Indianapolis, IN
http://www.scout.com/college/basketball ... be-webster
[tweet]836065081934893056[/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

His highlights look good. I know, who's don't? Looks like he had some interested from some bigger schools also.

Attributes that stood out were his dribble drive ability to score or kick out to open man.

I also liked his ability to take and hit a shot with someone in his face. Doesn't need a clean look to take the shot.
#ALLIN #YOLO
meganeck

This year proves they need another PG, seems a little small, weight wise, but did seem to have interest from some good schools.
loyalfan

Kobe Webster...we could of done alot worse!!...looks good...I saw that we had an offer out for quite awhile..good to have another backcourt guy...now...LETS GET AN UPSET SATURDAY!!