2017 - Discussion of Basketball Recruits

sealhall74

loyalfan wrote:Looks like we picked up a verbal commitment from 6'4" SG Isaac Johnson...
Here is a video peek of the aforementioned. Looks pretty solid. Shows some good shot range near end of video.

[youtube][/youtube]
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

Looks like we got a pretty good one here. He should have a good senior year and be ready play as a Freshman.

If bball doesn't workout, we could always use him in the redzone!!!!

[youtube][/youtube]
loyalfan

Looks like we have received a VC from Charles Gavin...6'7 Power Forward from Otero JC..
meganeck

WIU made an offer to Darrian Ringo a 6'2" point guard at Midland College in Texas. Also has offers from Portland St & Morehead St

Ringo is from Indianapolis and is described as "lightning quick" in a couple articles I have seen about him. He is a transfer from Eastern Arizona College, where he avg 13 pts. he transfered to Midland to face better competition.
sealhall74

meganeck wrote:WIU made an offer to Darrian Ringo a 6'2" point guard at Midland College in Texas. Also has offers from Portland St & Morehead St

Ringo is from Indianapolis and is described as "lightning quick" in a couple articles I have seen about him. He is a transfer from Eastern Arizona College, where he avg 13 pts. he transfered to Midland to face better competition.
Wow, he plays at one of the nicest JUCO gyms I have ever seen.

meganeck

I looked up the stats on Gavin, thru 22 games he is avg 8.1 ppg, which is 5th on his team, but he does lead the team in rebounding at 6.8 rpg. He also only averages 17 minutes a game. Hopefully I'm wrong but doesn't really look like a difference maker, seems more like Snyder this year who rides the bench more than plays. Hopefully I am wrong.....
Neckfansince71

Yes, I have been keeping track of his stats too! The number of minutes he is playing does not really coincide with the rebounds per game unless he is like the Energizer Bunny collecting a rebound every two minutes. I think he will be a difference maker on the boards and around the hole. A nice compliment to "Big Red" who continues to play with growing confidence and attitude! ;) jc
sealhall74

There is something a bit strange with those Otero JC stats. Avg Min/Game Total for the TEAM should be about 200 not 150 assuming they play 2 20 minute halves. Or am I missing something?
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:11 pm There is something a bit strange with those Otero JC stats. Avg Min/Game Total for the TEAM should be about 200 not 150 assuming they play 2 20 minute halves. Or am I missing something?
Yeah i thought it was weird nobody was really averaging over 20 minutes
meganeck

Neckfansince71 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:45 pm Yes, I have been keeping track of his stats too! The number of minutes he is playing does not really coincide with the rebounds per game unless he is like the Energizer Bunny collecting a rebound every two minutes. I think he will be a difference maker on the boards and around the hole. A nice compliment to "Big Red" who continues to play with growing confidence and attitude! ;) jc
True, maybe that is why he was recruited was for his rebounding, I am just hoping he isn't another JUCO player who isn't a factor