Men's BB Players in the Pros

Leathernecks playing at the next level.
wiu712

During Coach Wright's time as as head coach and an assistant coach, seven Leathernecks have signed pro deals after graduating from WIU.
http://www.goleathernecks.com/news/2016 ... ath=mbball
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Looks like Mike Miklusak just signed with a Dutch professional team called New Heroes Basketball.

Here's the article on their site: http://www.newheroesbasketball.com/news ... pschutter/

And here's the text after being run through Google Translate:

July 14, 2017

New Heroes has secured the services of 22-year-old forward Mike Miklusak. The 1.98m tall American comes from the Summit League hatching Western Illinois University. Miklusak is the first foreign reinforcement for the team of head coach Silvano Poropat. Previously Akerboom, Wessels, Oudendag, Bouwknecht, De Vries, Van den Elzen, and Bleeker recorded.

Sharpshooter with surprising rebounds
Miklusak is a forward who has a very good shot and surprising picks up many rebounds. He shot his senior year "on average 42% of his three-point attempts and hit he took an average of 8.9 rebounds per game. Both offensively and defensively Miklusak makes good use of his athletic ability. Furthermore, the forward is an excellent pick and roll player.

Multi-purpose American
Jos Frederiks Welcomes attracting Miklusak "With Mike we take a player who has scoring ability and is on both the third and the fourth from the feet. He fits into the team game that head coach Silvano Poropat has in mind. Finally, it is important to us that he is made of the right timber. We draw a player is motivated to that ultimate to prove themselves in Europe. "

make fans proud
The forward says elated about his first European adventure: "I am very motivated myself in a beautiful league as to show the Dutch. From my agent, I learned that Den Bosch is a very suitable place to develop myself and to play for prizes. I can draw at a top club like New Heroes am pleased and I will therefore do everything to make the fans proud! "
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Signed his first professional contract.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:19 pm Signed his first professional contract.
Looks like "Little Mike" (#3) is getting some minutes over in the Netherlands. Also looks like a pretty nice environment to hone your playing skills. I hear the coffee shops are the place to celebrate after a big win. Also of note, "Big Mike" (Mike Ochereobia) is playing this year in France.

[youtube][/youtube]
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

TP has had a pretty successful last 2 years in Greece.

Recent FIBA fan vote landing him the top defender and finishing 3rd for the Center position.

http://www.fiba.basketball/europecup/17 ... fan-awards

Helped lead his team to the 2016-2017 Cyprus Division A Championship.
sealhall74

TP playing in The Basketball Tournament today. His Matador team won and moves on to next round.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:10 pm TP playing in The Basketball Tournament today. His Matador team won and moves on to next round.
That's interesting. I've never heard of that tournament before. Just kinda like a semi-pro tournament of former college and other mostly non-NBA players?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:04 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:10 pm TP playing in The Basketball Tournament today. His Matador team won and moves on to next round.
That's interesting. I've never heard of that tournament before. Just kinda like a semi-pro tournament of former college and other mostly non-NBA players?
yeah Last year was the 1st time I heard of it most of TP team are TTU alum there is a Peoria all star team and Lawrence Alexander plays for them and a Bradley team. Probably the most notable player is Jimmer Ferdette it is a winner take all tournament with the winning team taking home a 2 million dollar purse.
wiu712

Always A Brave (Bradley) and the Peoria All-Stars both made quick exits from the Midwest Regional in The Basketball Tournament on Saturday.

In the first game of the day, fifth-seeded Always A Brave dropped a 68-64 decision to Prime Time Players despite a game-high 20 points and 10 rebounds from Marcellus Sommerville.

The Peoria All-Stars then lost to No. 2 seed Team Fredette, 88-80.

Tournament Bracket:
https://www.thetournament.com/bracket
sealhall74

You can catch TP and the Matadors again today at 1pm CT on ESPN.