ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Invited (and accepted) to the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl:

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Picked up as an undrafted free agent by the Bears, so at least he'll get a shot to prove himself.

letsgonecks

First hurdle cleared and made the initial 80 man roster.
leatherneckcountry

Purple Grandma

My husband and I were half listening to the Bears lose their preseason game this afternoon while driving home when we heard the announcers talking favorably about a defensive lineman from Western Illinois. We missed the name, but after checking the Bears roster when we got home, it could only have been LaCale London. He's now on the roster. Hope he continues to do well.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

From the Bears website:
Defensive tackle LaCale London and cornerback Tre Roberson were waived/injured.
On Wednesday, the Bears can establish a 16-man practice squad, with six of those players having unlimited NFL experience.
Since London was on the practice squad last year and was one of the last ones cut, I’d have to imagine there’s a good chance he’ll get back on there.

Also, Tre Roberson was the really good running QB for Illinois State a few years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
letsgonecks

I believe there's some things in place after being waived/injured that will keep him from being on their initial practice squad. Something about clearing waivers, 5 days for a settlement or reverting to IR, then something about resigning 3 weeks after IR and passing physical.

The NFL is confusing....

I'm sure he'll eventually end back up with the Bears on their practice squad or reach an injury settlement and end up on a PS somewhere else.

I bet Tre doesn't reach a settlement and ends up on IR and potentially making the 53 in a few weeks.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

letsgonecks wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:01 amThe NFL is confusing....
Understatement of the century, especially when it comes to the different types of contracts, reserve lists, practice squads, and all the rules surrounding them.
letsgonecks

LaCale was officially waived/released from the Bears Injured Reserve this week after an injury settlement.  They originally put him on season ending IR, so guessing the settlement was for 17 weeks.  If that's the case, he wouldn't be able to sign with another team, but again, not sure on the settlement length and only going off the original announcement of season ending IR.

If the injury settlement was for 3 weeks, he could then sign with a team after the 3 weeks.  Could even sign back with the Bears after 3 weeks, plus 6 weeks per the rules.

Don't know how bad the injury was, but hopefully nothing to serious and he gets another shot this year.

letsgonecks

LaCale was signed back to the Bears practice squad last week.  Might see him getting some action late in the season.  Good for him.