Sammy Marshall and the Chicago Bandits

Leathernecks playing at the next level.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Sammy Marshall has be re-signed to a one year contract with the Chicago Bandits of the National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) league: http://chicagobandits.com/news/?article_id=2245
Chicago won the Cowles Cup (the NPF championship) last year.

Specifically about Marshall:
Marshall, who was drafted 18th overall out of Western Illinois University in the 2015 NPF College Draft, brought additional speed to the Bandits lineup. The two-time Summit League Player of the Year finished her rookie season with 11 runs scored and stole six bases, which was good for fourth overall on the team.

Marshall scored 11 runs and successfully stole six bases in her rookie season with the Bandits.
A native of Naperville, Ill., Marshall is looking forward to another season with her hometown team.

“I'm incredibly blessed to re-sign with the Bandits and represent my home city for another summer,” said Marshall. “My rookie season was the best summer of my life and it’s all because of the people I was constantly surrounded with. The summer of 2016 can't come soon enough!”

This offseason, Marshall is serving as the Bandits Player/Affiliate Coordinator, as well as the head coach for the Wheaton Academy softball team in Wheaton, Ill.

“Sammy came in last season and took on a special role on our way to the Cowles Cup,” said Moore. “She was often asked to come in and change the tone by stealing a base or scoring on a close play at the plate.

“She is one of the fastest, if not the fastest player in the league, and she has an ability to make a huge difference for us. She’s going to get her opportunities this season to earn a spot in the lineup, and if she does, we truly believe she will take advantage of them. Sammy is a local player that is now working with the Bandits and coaching high school ball in the area; it’s definitely exciting to have her back for 2016.”
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Sammy Marshall still doing well in the National Pro Softball League.
[tweet]754823384056201216[/tweet]

Marshall is currently batting .276 and is leading the league in stolen bases (not a huge surprise there...still as fast as ever) with 12 stolen out of 14 attempts.
wiu712

Sammy Marshall and the Chicago Bandits will be on Comcast Sports Net-Plus tonight at 6PM (CDT) vs the Florida Pride.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

The Bandits ended up playing against the Pride in the National Pro Fastpich Championships this week. Sammy Marshall and the Bandits won the best of 3 series with a 2-1 victory yesterday at Rhodes Stadium in Tuscaloosa, AL (it's the Crimson Tide's softball stadium and has hosted quite a few regionals as part of the NCAA softball championship tournament).

[tweet]768288764435103744[/tweet]
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

This doesn't really surprise me in the least.....she fast.
Marshall went 3-4, with the HR, a triple, and 2 RBIs in the game.
[tweet][/tweet]
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Marshall, continuing to impress fans everywhere...

[tweet][/tweet]