Week 10 in the MVFC (and other games of interest)

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

So, this one's coming in kinda late...you could say I've been just a bit distracted over the last few days or so.

Anyway, here's what's up this week in the MVFC and our other opponents this season.

Northern Iowa at Indiana State @ 12 PM
South Dakota at Southern Illinois @ 2 PM
Missouri State at South Dakota State @ 2 PM
Youngstown State at North Dakota State @ 2:30 PM

And here's my usual write-up of the games: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-10-preview/

Our OOC friends are playing as well...
Tennessee-Martin at Eastern Illinois @ 1 PM
Northern Arizona at Weber State @ 1 PM

Toledo at Northern Illinois @ 7 PM on Wednesday, November 9th
As mentioned by our friend NIU#1FBinIL in another thread, this game is the Huskie Chi-Town Showdown being played at [st]New Comiskey Park[/st]...[st]US Cellular Field[/st]...Guaranteed Rate Field....whatever...it's where the White Sox play.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
NIU#1FBinIL

ST_Lawson wrote:Toledo at NIU @ 7 PM on Wednesday, November 9th
As mentioned by our friend NIU#1FBinIL in another thread, this game is the Huskie Chi-Town Showdown being played at [st]New Comiskey Park[/st]...[st]US Cellular Field[/st]...Guaranteed Rate Field....whatever...it's where the White Sox play.
If you don't mind, I'll re-post this info here in case any Chicago area 'Necks are interested in attending the historic game at "Whatever Field" (I know, LOL).

The inaugural 2016 Huskie Chi-Town Showdown at Guaranteed Rate Field (formerly US Cellular Field/New Comiskey Park) vs the Toledo Rockets on Wednesday, November 9, 2016.

The game will be the FIRST EVER football game in the 25-year history of the Ballpark.

BE PART OF HISTORY!
2016 Huskie Chi-Town Showdown - Tickets Info & FAQs

NIU will be wearing a special White Sox inspired uniform for the game.

Helmets feature the Chicago skyline and the "Chicago stars" from the Chicago flag.

The "NIU" is in white on the front of the jersey, the numbers appear to be in White Sox font, and the sleeves have incorporated a baseball diamond with silver pinstripes so that the uniform has all three (Black, Silver, and White) White Sox colors.

I think these look really sharp.
CwS39ZkXcAQ3XoB2.jpg
CwS39ZkXcAQ3XoB2.jpg (114.14 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
NIU ChiTownShowdown Jersey.jpg
NIU ChiTownShowdown Jersey.jpg (90.55 KiB) Viewed 2245 times