FCS Playoffs

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

BobLovely wrote:I just saw on the crawl on ESPN that James Madison has suspended (7) players from the football team...

Bob
Yes, but I believe that none of them were players that had actually gotten any (or much) playing time. 3rd string guys who were being late for practices, not giving their "all"...etc. Not anywhere near as big of a hit for JMU as YSU's suspended players are for them (nearly all starters, I think).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

Leading tackler and 2nd leading receiver among those suspended.

http://www.richmond.com/sports/college/ ... 64ef4.html
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Tere North wrote:Leading tackler and 2nd leading receiver among those suspended.

http://www.richmond.com/sports/college/ ... 64ef4.html
Ah, that's updated since I last heard. They hadn't released all the info and the JMU people on other forums were saying they weren't starters. This could hurt JMU then, making it closer to a toss-up.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Huge lesson to be learned from YSU and JMU suspensions. A school needs to be very proactive with their own drug testing DURING the season (random and frequent). First, an offender is probably going to perform less than his best on the field, at least for street drugs. Second, if they are an offender and they know the playoffs might be coming and the chance of getting picked for a drug test is going to overnight be a lot higher, guess what? That kid just might slack off during a crucial game leading up to the playoffs. The penalties for getting caught are severe - loss of at least a half-year of eligibility for street drugs and a full year for PEDs.

http://www.ncaa.org/health-and-safety/p ... ug-testing
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Have seen a good contingent of JMU fans around here. Not so much from YSU yet. In fact, I can honestly say I have seen more NDSU people than YSU so far. It is cold (20s) and windy. Not a good time to be out and about. Tomorrow forecast is mid 30s, lighter winds.
wiu712

Championship game: James Madison vs Youngstown State
11:00 AM on ESPN2.

It was 13 this morning in Frisco, Texas.
Partly cloudy. UV Index: 3 of 10.
High today will be 35.
Winds: NNW at 5 mph.
OldHare

wiu712 wrote:Championship game: James Madison vs Youngstown State
11:00 AM on ESPN2.

It was 13 this morning in Frisco, Texas.
Partly cloudy. UV Index: 3 of 10.
High today will be 35.
Winds: NNW at 5 mph.
How was the celebration last night? Did Frisco have the same level of excitement without the Bison?
wiu712

OldHare wrote:How was the celebration last night? Did Frisco have the same level of excitement without the Bison?
I am not there. But I think that Seal Hall is. Perhaps he can let us know once he thaws out. :lol:

TV said that it was 21 at the kickoff. Looks like James Madison has the larger crowd.
sealhall74

I did not go to the Friday night stuff but I think things were a little more low-key without the Bison here. The construction going on around the stadium and cold weather probably hurt the crowd a bit but there were not that many empty seats in the stadium. JMU had 3/4 of it. They travel well. They were the better team on the field today. They just looked quicker and more athletic than YSU, especially in the trenches. If NDSU and JMU ever get together for this affair, they will need to move it to a bigger facility. Either that or be prepared to pay $500 for a seat on the open market.
wiu712

James Madison wins the national championship game 28-14 over Youngstown State.

James Madison went undefeated against FCS competition and finishes the season with a 14-1 record. Their only loss was to North Carolina on Sept 17.

Attendance at Frisco, TX = 14,423.