FCS Playoffs

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
wiu712

Saturday's games:

NCAA Division 2 Championship Game: Northwest Missouri State vs North Alabama.
Game will be played at Kansas City, Kansas.
3PM on ESPN2.

FCS Semi-final game: Youngstown State at Eastern Washington.
5:30 PM on ESPNU.
meganeck

I know I should be rooting for the conference team, but got to admit I wasn't upset North Dakota St lost.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I was hoping for another all-MVFC championships, but 'twas not to be. I think Eastern Washington is the favorite by a couple of scores today over Youngstown, but I'm still hoping they can pull it off. If it's JMU and EWU in the championship game, I'm rooting for the Dukes...gotta love that purple and gold ;)
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

The Division 2 championship game is being played in the snow now at Kansas City, KS.
wiu712

Northwest Missouri State beat North Alabama 29-3 for the NCAA Division 2 Championship.

The game was played in a steady snow. The student fan buses from North Alabama never got out of Alabama. And both bands were told to stay home.

Attendance at Kansas City, KS = 9,576.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Youngstown State wins the game on a last-second crazy one-handed TD catch. Seriously...go watch it....receivers hand holding against the back of a defender, which apparently counts as a TD. I'd be amazed if you didn't see it as one of the top plays on the ESPN Top 10...probably at #1 would be my guess. A.....ma.....zing. 40-38 final score.

And actually...there was one second left in the game, so YSU had to kick back to EWU, they took about half an hour of running around and lateraling the ball before going down.

YSU will play against James Madison in Frisco, TX for the FCS championship.
sealhall74

Absolutely crazy TD catch to ice the game. I think the Championship game was last night. Dont see YSU stopping JMU but I will be there to watch it anyway.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:Absolutely crazy TD catch to ice the game. I think the Championship game was last night. Dont see YSU stopping JMU but I will be there to watch it anyway.
Could be a very good game. I think YSU is playing better than NDSU is/was playing this weekend. There's also the question of...all the players that Youngstown State had out for this game...will any of them be back for the championship game, or are they all done for the season/career? That could make a difference.
wiu712

NAIA Championship Game from Daytona Beach, Florida:
University of Saint Francis (Fort Wayne, IN) beats Baker University (Baldwin City, KS) 38-17.

FCS Semi-final game:
Youngstown State beats Eastern Washington 40-38.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:Absolutely crazy TD catch to ice the game. I think the Championship game was last night. Dont see YSU stopping JMU but I will be there to watch it anyway.
This might help you out: https://fcs.flashseats.com/default.aspx ... 6140&ss=47
Looks like tickets are as low as $52 maybe.

Or you can hop on AGS and ask if anyone has any to sell. Most of the Bison fans are selling theirs for face value, I think.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthr ... &p=2439076