Coaching changes/Players leaving 2017

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
meganeck

I thought I would start a new topic for any Summit or local coaching changes or news of players leaving.

I know Denver, Illinois St and Eastern Illinois all fired their women's coaches.

Also i think 3 players announced they were leaving the Bradley men's team.
meganeck

Also Illinois has fired their women's coach, so they will be looking for a men's and women's coach.
wiu51

meganeck wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:21 pm Also Illinois has fired their women's coach, so they will be looking for a men's and women's coach.
JD signed a six year contract which should run out this year. I hope we don't lose him to Illinois or another school. I just worry that were going to have another Coach Neilson situation on our hands.
vatusay

Sadly I see JD moving on to bigger and better things in the near future. Can't help but be impressed with the job he has done. This is pure speculation, no rumors or information.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Neckfansince71

JD has done a super super job and has a ton of talent coming back next year. It has taken him 6 years to sort everything out. I would hope he would stay and enjoy the "ride" for awhile, taking advantage of the seeds he has planted. (I love metaphors) I suggest we take advantage of this moment and enjoy it to the fullest also before we head to the "rumor" mill! Just saying..... ;)jc
letsgonecks

I hope we can somehow keep him around, but the next person up will be coming into a great opportunity. Top 4 players should be back and the squad should be primed for another Summit League Championship.

See you all in the Sweet 16!!!
leatherneckcountry

I love how so many people think he's gone Ive spoken with JD several times and he's a better person than coach however the program has gotten a little better each year the fact of the matter is until this season they only had 1 conference tournament win which was his 1st season most programs are going to want some with a longer track record or ties to the school however if he does leave we won't need to look far for his replacement as i think coach minter is ready to lead his own program.
meganeck

Wow, Illinois hires former WIU assistant and current Oklahoma St coach Brad Underwood. In the press release release Underwood mentions Western Illinois .
leatherneckcountry

meganeck wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:46 pm Wow, Illinois hires former WIU assistant and current Oklahoma St coach Brad Underwood. In the press release release Underwood mentions Western Illinois .
It's funny he mentions WIU because i know someone who was at western when he was here and does not speak very highly of him.
wiu712

Brad Underwood was the assistant coach (under Coach Jim Kerwin) at Western 1992-2003.