Injuries in the MVFC

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

A couple of teams in the conference have been hit with fairly major injuries in the last few days.
NDSU lost All-America DE Greg Menard for the season with a knee injury: http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i ... m=&src=FCS

And, now, rumor has it, that UNI QB Eli Dunne suffered an ankle injury over the weekend and might be out for quite a while, if not the season.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

Sounds like NDSU star LB Nick Deluca tore his ACL again.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:Sounds like NDSU star LB Nick Deluca tore his ACL again.
Well, he's out for the season again. Last year it was a shoulder injury though. ACL is part of the knee, I believe. Apparently happened Wednesday during practice. He took his regular redshirt last year since he'd started as a true freshman. I believe he could apply for a medical redshirt for this season if he wants to, but he might just choose to skip it and go straight to the NFL draft next spring.

EDIT: Now I'm reading that it's non-ACL, possibly torn meniscus, which could be the whole season, but might not be depending on the severity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000