Week 7 in the MVFC (and other games of interest)

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:24 pm
meganeck wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:17 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:10 pm

UNI beats SDSU, SIU destroys Illinois State....we have entered crazyville.
Scott how surprised were you of Southern winning?
i wasn't surprised with SIU winning because I've said all year ISU was the most overrated team in the valley this year but was surprised in the fashion they won.
i wasn't sure if ISU was legit or not, we might have got our answer.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:17 pm Scott how surprised were you of Southern winning?
i wasn't surprised with SIU winning because I've said all year ISU was the most overrated team in the valley this year but was surprised in the fashion they won.
I think this is the case with me. I could see SIU putting up enough points to stay with ISU (look at what SIU did at Memphis), but I did not at all envision SIU's defense shutting down ISU's offense like that. I had felt that that's kinda what separated the teams near the bottom like MSU and SIU from the teams in the middle...offense is just fine, but no defense. That just wasn't the case in SIU's game against ISU.

I honestly don't know what to think now with regards to the rest of our games. I see one likely loss, one likely win, and three that I have no idea about.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:46 pm
meganeck wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:17 pm Scott how surprised were you of Southern winning?
I think this is the case with me. I could see SIU putting up enough points to stay with ISU (look at what SIU did at Memphis), but I did not at all envision SIU's defense shutting down ISU's offense like that. I had felt that that's kinda what separated the teams near the bottom like MSU and SIU from the teams in the middle...offense is just fine, but no defense. That just wasn't the case in SIU's game against ISU.

I honestly don't know what to think now with regards to the rest of our games. I see one likely loss, one likely win, and three that I have no idea about.
right now it looks like we could finish 9-2 or 6-5 any we’re in between not sure who that running back was for UNI yesterday but looks we played them just at the right time
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:46 pm

right now it looks like we could finish 9-2 or 6-5 any we’re in between not sure who that running back was for UNI yesterday but looks we played them just at the right time
Weymiller was pretty much UNI's entire run game. He was injured in their game against cal poly and just made it back this week. He doesn't make them amazing, but he does make their offense much less one-dimensional. Plus SDSU's defense, outside of LB Rozeboom, has issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry

The ISU vs USD will be on comcast.