FCS Quarterfinals, Dec 8-9

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
wiu712

#1 James Madison beat Weber State 31-28. Attendance at James Madison = 13,490.
Last edited by wiu712 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:35 pm James Madison beat Weber State 31-28.
On a last second 40+ yard FG. Weber State had been up by 8 with under 5 minutes left to go in the game. JMU drove down, got a TD, made the 2pt conversion to tie it, then held Weber State on their next drive. They got the ball back with under a minute left, and won the game...barely.

The team that we lost to by 2 points, at their place, in the first round....very nearly upset the defending national champions.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

WIU got the proverbial shaft, nearly won, and didn’t play their best game by far at Weber. Still stinks. Can’t imagine how the guys feel. Hope it makes the returning players even hungrier. Oh what could have been lol.
#ALLIN #YOLO
letsgonecks

Weber had a great season and does suck thinking it could have been WIU out there.

Their best player and corner Johnson dropped an easy pick on JMU's last touchdown drive. Believe they scored on the next play or second one.

On the 2 point conversion, not everyone on the D was ready at the snap. Linebacker who didn't secure the tackle at the goal was standing straight up strapping his chin strap. Got to the runner a half second late and the back was able to make a little move to just get in.

Safety dropped a should be pick a few plays before the game winning FG. Will be tough for all those guys to get over. Just like our guys getting over the shoulda, coulda, woulda's in their game.

Great seasons for both teams and they should be back in the playoffs next year.
sealhall74

Weber had no answer for Stapleton was the difference in the game. Tried to blitz QB a lot and it helped some but still not enough.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just so everyone is aware, the other games today are:

#7 Wofford (10-2) at #2 North Dakota State (11-1) – 11:00 AM (Saturday) on ESPN2
New Hampshire (9-4) at #5 South Dakota State (10-2) – 2:00 PM (Saturday) on ESPN3
Kennesaw State (12-1) #6 Sam Houston State (11-1) – 7:30 PM (Saturday) on ESPN3

Also...Army vs Navy.

No other football on today.
meganeck

So who's rooting for North Dakota St? In a way I am because of the conference pride thing, but in another vein I'm kind of tried of them winning also, so wouldn't mind seeing them lose.
sealhall74

Teams that run the option are usually terrible at pass defense. Wofford looks like it fits the mold. I might hit StubHub up for my FCS ticket after today if both NDSU and SDSU win. NDSU and either SDSU or JMU would be an awesome championship game IMO.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

#2 North Dakota State beat #7 Wofford 42-10. Attendance at North Dakota State = 17,008.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

For conference pride, I'd like to see NDSU vs SDSU in the championship game. Barring that, I'd love to see Kennesaw State keep rolling...new team, great defense, turnover plank (https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... d-edd-eddy). Plus I like their logo.