Where We Want To Be

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

The two teams were VERY evenly matched. Really, the difference was JMU dropping quite a few passes they shouldn't have.

NDSU wins 17-13 and another championship trophy goes to Fargo.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

So so so so impressive.

Man did wiu get a bad draw opening round.

Congrats to the bison. Again.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:59 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:40 pm Electric atmosphere here today. Big standing room crowd.
What's your estimate of Bison fans vs Dukes fans, like percentage wise?
Also, where are you sitting and what are you wearing...I'll keep an eye out for you in the second half.

For those not watching, NDSU is up 17-6 coming out of halftime. Outside of one huge TD pass for NDSU and a fairly decent passing drive by JMU late in the second half, there hasn't been a ton of offense in this game.
I would give the Bison about a 65%-35% edge in attendance, maybe a tad more than that. JMU did a real good job creating some noise. Caused the Bison some problems. Yes, they even threw some streamers after their lone TD. Also, threw a lot of glitter which really sparkled in the sun. I was sitting on the Bison side down toward the right (camera view) endzone. I was wearing Army colors (grey and black). Soaked up so much of the sun I actually had to start unzipping stuff to cool off.

I think JMU was the stronger team. Really physical and quick. They just made too many mistakes.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Attendance for the championship game = 19,090.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:27 pm I think JMU was the stronger team. Really physical and quick. They just made too many mistakes.
I think you're probably right, at least as near as I could tell watching on TV. I wonder if the receivers were thinking too much about those NDSU defenders bearing down on them and weren't focused enough to make those catches. NDSU also benefited from a couple of key turnovers (how that Bison D-Lineman hung on to that ball for the INT, I have no idea).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

My vantage point for the game. I have always had a corner seat but honestly, there are no bad seats in this place. Just dont expect to spend more time in your seat than on your feet.

[tweet][/tweet]
Embrace the pace of the race.