Monmouth playing for conference tournament today

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:30 pm I wonder of Monmouth Coach Todd Skrivseth is interested in coming down the road just a bit to coach a DI school? There might be an opening around these parts fairly soon.
That's a pretty big jump up there assistant coach was a year behind me growing up so I know him really well. I think NDSU might be looking for a coach next year as well. I don't think Tanney hardly watched any of the game he was on the phone pretty much the entire time. I think the problem that WIU is going to have is getting anyone who's worth anything. The one thing that a coach who comes in could see as a positive is that we have to guys with some structure could very good for the next 3 yrs.
wiu712

Western A.D. Matt Tanney does have a family connection with Monmouth College. His brother Alex was a QB at Monmouth. Alex broke nearly every school record during his time at Monmouth. Alex finished his collegiate career with 157 touchdown passes and also holds the D-III record for most passing yards in a career with 14,249.

And Western Men's Basketball has had a past connection with Monmouth College. Mark Vershaw was an Asst Coach at Western for the 2015-2016 season. Vershaw was the Head Basketball coach at Monmouth College 2007-2011.
sealhall74

Augie also going to the dance. Could be a Route 67 Showdown.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

In honor of the Monmouth College Fighting Scots first Midwest Conference Men's Basketball championship since 1990, it's time to hear the Monmouth College Fight Song:
[youtube][/youtube]
sealhall74

Monmouth heads up to Wisconsin-Platteville for round 1. Augie is hosting Greenville.
I know we played Greenville a few years back. This year they are averaging 126 pts/g and beat Fontbonne in a 164-154 OT shootout.
Holy crap. Go out and grab a popcorn and you probably miss 30 points on the board.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:44 pm In honor of the Monmouth College Fighting Scots first Midwest Conference Men's Basketball championship since 1990, it's time to hear the Monmouth College Fight Song:
[youtube][/youtube]
The percussion instructor for the Monmouth College band is a WIU and Marching Leatherneck alumni....just fyi.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

SCOTS DRAW PIONEERS IN NCAA FIRST ROUND!

Monmouth College's return to the NCAA Division III Men's Basketball Tournament will take them to Wisconsin, where the Fighting Scots will face UW-Platteville on the Pioneers' home court in the first round Friday evening at 7:30.

It will be the first meeting in program history between Monmouth (20-7) and Platteville (22-4), but that doesn't mean Monmouth coach Todd Skrivseth is totally unfamiliar with the Wisconsin school. An assistant at UW-Whitewater for 10 years prior to coming to Monmouth in 2011, Skrivseth has more than just a passing knowledge of his first-round opponent and their head coach. The Warhawks faced Platteville annually in Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC) play.

"I'm very familiar with Coach (Jeff) Card and his style of play," said Skrivseth. "I spent many a winter night in that gym coaching against him. It's a great facility with a great atmosphere for small college basketball."

The Scots enter the game on a nine-game winning streak and have won 12 of their last 13 games. After winning the Midwest Conference title outright, Skrivseth's team punched their ticket to the Big Dance with two thrilling wins at last weekend's MWC Tournament at Glennie Gym. That's exactly the type of atmosphere Skrivseth is counting on at Platteville.

"The atmosphere we had in our gym last weekend was special," said Skrivseth. "Our guys really appreciate the support the students, the college and the community gave us. It's a big reason we're still playing this weekend. I expect the same atmosphere at Platteville. They really get out and support their basketball and that will help us. Our guys thrive on that kind of environment."

The other two teams in the four-team pod at Platteville are Sul Ross State University from Alpine, Texas, and St. Olaf College out of Northfield, Minn.

It's Monmouth's sixth trip to the NCAA Tournament and their first since 1990.

64 Team Bracket:
https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracke ... all-men/d3
wiu712

TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE FOR MEN'S NCAA BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT AT UW-PLATTEVILLE

TICKET INFORMATION

PURCHASE
Advance tickets may be purchased by phone at (608) 342-1567.
Tickets will also be available at the door at the UW-Platteville Williams' Fieldhouse.
Tickets for Saturday's 2nd Round game will be available at the conclusion of Friday's 1st Round session.
Friday's tickets are good for both 1st Round games.

PRICING
Adult - $10
Child/Student - $5
Senior (62+) - $5
Children (2 and under) - Free

SEATING
All seats are reserved seating.

Friday, March 2, 2018
5:30 p.m. - Sul Ross State vs. St. Olaf
7:30 p.m. - UW-Platteville vs. Monmouth

Saturday, March 3, 2018
7 p.m. - Second Round - Advancing teams from Friday
wiu712

NCAA GAMES TO BE STREAMED LIVE!

Good news for Fighting Scots basketball fans not able to make the trip to Wisconsin for Friday's NCAA 1st Round Tournament game with No. 8 ranked UW-Platteville.

Friday's games:
5:30 PM: Sul Ross State vs St Olaf
7:30 PM: UW-Platteville vs Monmouth

The games will be streamed live at no charge: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/uwplatt/index.htm

Monmouth fans celebrate Conference championship win over Ripon 79-76:
[youtube][/youtube]
wiu712

NCAA TOURNEY: Monmouth College gears up for big dance at UW-Platteville.

From the Monmouth Daily Review Atlas:
http://www.reviewatlas.com/sports/20180 ... latteville