Monmouth playing for conference tournament today

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
sealhall74

Maybe it is just me, but I think DIII basketball is more what James Naismith had in mind when he created the game. The speed and athleticism at the DI level make it a completely different game. Maybe the rules should be different for the advanced level of play. Make the rim higher, ball heavier, or something. I used to bowl quite a bit in my younger days, leagues, tournaments, etc. One of the things you learn quickly is how to read a bowling lane (i.e. the oil pattern). Bowling proprieters can easily inflate the scoring averages for really good bowlers by blocking the lanes to create a huge margin of error for shots off line (more oil in the center of lane, less on the edge). Likewise, they can make it really difficult for bowlers by oiling with a reverse block oil pattern. Point I am trying to make here is that the rules for everyone do not necessarily have to be the same to make a game fun to watch and competitive to play.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:22 pm Maybe it is just me, but I think DIII basketball is more what James Naismith had in mind when he created the game. The speed and athleticism at the DI level make it a completely different game. Maybe the rules should be different for the advanced level of play. Make the rim higher, ball heavier, or something. I used to bowl quite a bit in my younger days, leagues, tournaments, etc. One of the things you learn quickly is how to read a bowling lane (i.e. the oil pattern). Bowling proprieters can easily inflate the scoring averages for really good bowlers by blocking the lanes to create a huge margin of error for shots off line (more oil in the center of lane, less on the edge). Likewise, they can make it really difficult for bowlers by oiling with a reverse block oil pattern. Point I am trying to make here is that the rules for everyone do not necessarily have to be the same to make a game fun to watch and competitive to play.
Why keep learning new rules every step of the way. Why should D1 BkB be different. The hoops the same height for the pros, the men's ball is already bigger, thus heavier, and the 3-point line longer than the women's, though not as far as NBA. About the only thing that should change is going to quarters like the women did. Thankfully the men's shot clock is now only 30-sec instead of 45.
wiu712

Tere North wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:29 pmThe hoops the same height for the pros, the men's ball is already bigger, thus heavier, and the 3-point line longer than the women's, though not as far as NBA.
The three-point line is the same for the Men and Women in college games.

Friday's NCAA first-round games at UW-Platteville:
Sul Ross State beat St Olaf 88-75.
UW-Platteville beat Monmouth 91-76.

Attendance at UW-Platteville = 1,162.

UW-Platteville will play St Olaf in Saturday night's NCAA second-round game.
wiu712

Scots end great season in 91-76 loss to UW-Platteville at NCAA Tournament.

From the Monmouth Daily Review Atlas:
http://www.reviewatlas.com/sports/20180 ... tournament
wiu712

A look ahead for Monmouth College men’s basketball program.

From the Monmouth Daily Review Atlas:
http://www.reviewatlas.com/sports/20180 ... ll-program