Summit League Postseason 2018

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
OldHare

Ft Wayne will be hosting a CIT game Monday March 12 at noon. It will be televised on CBS Sports network. The opponent is unknown at this time.
wiu712

Monday at Noon is a strange starting-time for a game. But CBS Sports Network is televising 4 CIT games on Monday. So somebody had to be first.

Fort Wayne finished 4th in the Summit League with a 7-7 record (18-14 overall).

Tickets for that game in Fort Wayne are only $1. IPFW students will be admitted free with student ID.
leatherneckcountry

What do you guys think our chances are at the WNIT.
OldHare

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:49 pm What do you guys think our chances are at the WNIT.
WIU has RPI of 100. They should make it to the WNIT with 22-9 record. The pairings try to match regional games in the early rounds. The Leathernecks should have a team that will make some noise in this tournament. I would expect your women to be a strong consideration for the WNIT. There has been more than 1 Summit member in this tourney the past 2 years. Last year it was 3 teams with IUPUI, USD, & SDSU.
sealhall74

Yotes will be playing with some new major experimental rule changes this year in the NIT:
Wider FT lane, extended 3 pt range, 10 minute quarters instead of halves, shot clock reset to 20 secs instead of 30 after offensive rebounds.

Women also a few minor changes:

https://www.womensnit.com/uploads/2/0/0 ... n_wnit.pdf
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

Jacks got a favorable match up with the Suckeyes.
sealhall74

I like the Jacks chances in the first game. That next one against the Zags, not so much. Zags will have a huge following in Boise.
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:52 pm I like the Jacks chances in the first game. That next one against the Zags, not so much. Zags will have a huge following in Boise.
Yeah as a Michigan fan I will never cheer for OSU.
OldHare

Jackrabbits open as 7 1/2 point underdog. So they should keep it within double digits, then there is a chance! :P
sealhall74

Yotes missing NIT. That has to sting. Blame Saul Philips.

Oops, I meant Scott Nagy. Damn Jack and Cokes kicking in.

Update: The Yotes did squeeze into the CBI.

There is a $50K fee just to play in the damn thing. No Thanks. I do what Rick Barnes from UT Vols did last year and have all the kids up at 6am doing conditioning drills while these meaningless post-season tournaments are in progress.

Local teams that wisely declined CIT and CBI invites include ISU and Bradley.