Loyola Elite

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
leatherneckcountry

Loyola is going to the elite 8 against K-State and Bruce Weber. ISU pulled the plug on Moser to soon and now he's leading another MVC school deep into the tournament. I've personally met Bruce a couple of times and found him to be a very personable guy and I'm very happy for him to be in the elite 8 with a team of his players. I remember when Loyola joined the MVC most people thought it was just a joke they were a poor horizon league team replacing one of the top 2 teams in the league.
wiu712

Loyola Ramblers vs Kansas State at 5PM today on TBS.

The Ramblers need another win to get Sister Jean to next week's Final Four!

Cue the band:
[youtube][/youtube]
sealhall74

Behind every great college coach is a great woman like Sister Jean. Today's trivia question is this:

A certain men's college coach who played some pro ball before taking the reins at his first and only college head coaching gig made a woman his very first assistant hire. That woman sat on his bench for each and every game of his tenure, including an NCAA championship win. She also accompanied him on nearly every recruiting trip. Who is that college coach and assistant?

Extra Credit: What did she have in common with Sister Jean?
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:46 am Behind every great college coach is a great woman like Sister Jean. Today's trivia question is this:

A certain men's college coach who played some pro ball before taking the reins at his first and only college head coaching gig made a woman his very first assistant hire. That woman sat on his bench for each and every game of his tenure, including an NCAA championship win. She also accompanied him on nearly every recruiting trip. Who is that college coach and assistant?

Extra Credit: What did she have in common with Sister Jean?
Rick Pitino hire of Bernadette Mattox in 1990. Mattox did everything as a D1 assistant Pitino's male assistants did, except recruiting trips, like Sister Jean.
leatherneckcountry

I can't believe this team got taken to the wood shed by Milwaukee
wiu712

Loyola wins 78-62! Another happy day for Sister Jean!

Attendance at Atlanta = 15,477.

sealhall74

Tbe answer to the trivia question is John Thompson, JR and Mary Fenlon.
Congrats to the Fighting Sister Jeans. This is what March Madness is all about. And yes, Mary Fenlon was a nun in her early days.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Sister Jean: