Summit League Headquarters Moving

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:03 amUntil we can get a stadium built for them, they have a pretty darn good facility to use right now.
http://www.shgfootball.com/index.php?op ... &Itemid=58
The new football stadium at SH-G is very impressive. SH-G used to play its home games at Memorial Stadium, where they shared that facility with Lanphier and Springfield High Schools. Southeast has its own stadium.
sealhall74

If we can get Ralph and his company to chip in for some more seating on the other side along with some paint for football field lines, SIU-E will be good to go for football.

http://www.siuecougars.com/facilities/r ... _and_field

UI-CC is a piece of cake. They are playing at Soldier Field. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:If we can get Ralph and his company to chip in for some more seating on the other side along with some paint for football field lines, SIU-E will be good to go for football.

http://www.siuecougars.com/facilities/r ... _and_field

UI-CC is a piece of cake. They are playing at Soldier Field. ;)
UI-CC? I've only ever heard it referred to as UIC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

ST_Lawson wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:27 pmUI-CC? I've only ever heard it referred to as UIC.
UICC was the original name.

From 1965-1981, the university's name was University of Illinois at Chicago Circle (UICC). The university opened in February 1965. It was named for the nearby ultra-modern freeway interchange.

UIC was born in 1982, when the Circle Campus and Medical Center campuses consolidated to form a comprehensive university campus with six health science colleges and an academic medical center.
wiu712

UICC teams were known as the “Chikas” in homage to the Chikasaw nation.

When UIC was created in 1982, students selected the “Flames” as team name, recalling the 1871 Chicago fire.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

The new MIGA Conference will have a very good public transportation network. All schools are within 15 miles of an Amtrak or Chicagoland commuter train stop and most are a walk or short Uber ride away from the station. Dekalb (15 miles from nearest stop) and Charleston (10 miles) will also have shuttle bus service to get fans to and from the stadium on gameday. Tom Carper, WIU alumnus and current Amtrak Board Member is going to do his Leatherneck best to ensure that Amtrak schedules allow Chicago area alumni to get to their stadiums in time for opening kickoff.

Hey, just some wishful thinking here but this MIGA thing is so good it will probably sell itself if given half a chance.
sealhall74

Good things can happen when you grow your athletic program. Yes, we need to add football to 3 MIGA schools (UIS, IUC, and SIU-E). It can be done in less than five years. Just ask Stetson U, now playing in the D1 Pioneer Football League, how things have turned out.

http://forwardflorida.com/economic-deve ... -football/

BTW, Stetson is hosting an NCAA regional in baseball this year.
NIU#1FBinIL

sealhall74 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:00 am The solution is obvious. Get ready for the new MIGA (Make Illinois Great Again) Conference. Start the countdown for earning the conference autobids to national tournaments. It will take a while but be worth the wait. Also, if your school is not playing football today, you are in this new conference because the state is going to kick in the money to make sure this happens. Eight is the perfect number for schools in an athletic conference. Illinois has enough athletic kids to recruit from if they did not all go elsewhere. Rivalries become something to look forward to once again on campuses. Kids who played together on the same team in high school might be competing against each other in college and shaking hands after the game. Abe's Axe is that prestigious trophy that is rewarded to the conference winner each year. What's not to like.

WIU
EIU
SIU
CIU
NIU
SIU-E
UI-CC
UI-S (you always need a cinderella/potential up-and-comer in the mix to spur interest)

OK, who is up for the first Commish job?
A Division-I Conference must be composed of at least 7 active D-I members. That's actually perfect for all current Division-I public Universities in Illinois below the FBS cut-line.

MIGA Conference (MIGAC)
  • Western Illinois University (Macomb)
  • Southern Illinois University (Carbondale)
  • Eastern Illinois University (Charleston)
  • Central Illinois University (Normal)
  • Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
  • University of Illinois at Chicago
  • Chicago State University
Problem solved.
Tere North

NIU#1FBinIL wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:18 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:00 am The solution is obvious. Get ready for the new MIGA (Make Illinois Great Again) Conference. Start the countdown for earning the conference autobids to national tournaments. It will take a while but be worth the wait. Also, if your school is not playing football today, you are in this new conference because the state is going to kick in the money to make sure this happens. Eight is the perfect number for schools in an athletic conference. Illinois has enough athletic kids to recruit from if they did not all go elsewhere. Rivalries become something to look forward to once again on campuses. Kids who played together on the same team in high school might be competing against each other in college and shaking hands after the game. Abe's Axe is that prestigious trophy that is rewarded to the conference winner each year. What's not to like.

WIU
EIU
SIU
CIU
NIU
SIU-E
UI-CC
UI-S (you always need a cinderella/potential up-and-comer in the mix to spur interest)

OK, who is up for the first Commish job?
A Division-I Conference must be composed of at least 7 active D-I members. That's actually perfect for all current Division-I public Universities in Illinois below the FBS cut-line.

MIGA Conference (MIGAC)
  • Western Illinois University (Macomb)
  • Southern Illinois University (Carbondale)
  • Eastern Illinois University (Charleston)
  • Central Illinois University (Normal)
  • Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
  • University of Illinois at Chicago
  • Chicago State University
Problem solved.
Add NIU. Not sure they really get that much out of being FBS. And drop CSU, they are going to die away, anyway.