2018 Week 1 - Around the MVFC

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
rocki

And I'm guessing it's no surprise that ILSU is taking care of St. Xavier...... ;)
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

As expected, Illinois State won their game 46-0.
UNI is getting dominated by Montana 26-0 at halftime. I don't know if this bodes well for our game against UNI or if it scares me regarding our game against Montana.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

K-State took the lead against USD and nearly gave the game away on a fumble recovered by South Dakota. USD would drive down the field, but a FG to tie at the end fell just a bit short.
27-24 K-State over South Dakota. USD forced 4 Wildcat turnovers and didn't give up any themselves.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

South Dakota State at Iowa State game was postponed fairly early (I think Iowa State was up like 7-0 somewhere in the 1st quarter) and then outright cancelled.
Haven't heard how they're going to handle it. They don't have overlapping bye weeks, so SDSU might have to try to scramble to find another opponent to play unless they can find a way to fit it in tomorrow or something.
Otherwise they'll just have to consider it a 10-game schedule this year.

EDIT - heard from an SDSU guy...sounds like they'll just have to go 10-games this year.
wiu712

The South Dakota State at Iowa State has been cancelled (weather). They are no immediate plans for re-scheduling.

Illinois State beat St Xavier 46-0. Attendance at Illinois State = 9,157.

Kansas State scored 15 unanswered points in the 4th qr to beat South Dakota 27-24. Attendance at Kansas State = 50,063.
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:05 pm South Dakota State at Iowa State game was postponed fairly early (I think Iowa State was up like 7-0 somewhere in the 1st quarter) and then outright cancelled.
Haven't heard how they're going to handle it. They don't have overlapping bye weeks, so SDSU might have to try to scramble to find another opponent to play unless they can find a way to fit it in tomorrow or something.

EDIT - heard from an SDSU guy...sounds like they'll just have to go 10-games this year.
Not sure why they don't try to play tomorrow - Nebraska game was cancelled and they are playing tomorrow.
wiu712

Northern Iowa scored the game's only points in the 2nd half. But they lost to Montana 26-23. Montana was ahead 26-0 at the half. Attendance at Montana = 25,018.
BobLovely

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:00 pm K-State took the lead against USD and nearly gave the game away on a fumble recovered by South Dakota. USD would drive down the field, but a FG to tie at the end fell just a bit short.
27-24 K-State over South Dakota. USD forced 4 Wildcat turnovers and didn't give up any themselves.
I attended this game in Manhattan last night [100 miles from my home]. K-State was fortunate to secure a comeback victory. South Dakota proved that the MVFC is a tough out for many FBS opponents. As usual, it was the students that provided great energy in the stadium. A exciting game to watch...

Bob
leatherneckcountry

meganeck wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:06 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:05 pm South Dakota State at Iowa State game was postponed fairly early (I think Iowa State was up like 7-0 somewhere in the 1st quarter) and then outright cancelled.

Not sure why they don't try to play tomorrow - Nebraska game was cancelled and they are playing tomorrow.
I don't think Nebraska is making up there game either.
meganeck

I guess Nebraska isn't making up their game, i thought I saw last night they were going to.