Hero Sports (Brian McLaughlin) suggestion for the playoffs

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

BTW, be sure to check out the conversation thread between him and Coach Fisher...

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
BobLovely

I totally agree with his idea! We truly got "hosed" with our first round match up last year...

Bob
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

BobLovely wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:40 pm I totally agree with his idea! We truly got "hosed" with our first round match up last year...

Bob
And significant numbers of non-WIU fans were saying the same thing. Brian Mac, the guys that do a lot of the NDSU Bison media stuff, practically everyone on AnyGivenSaturday, etc.
We were too good to have been sent on the road to another phenomenally good team.
UNI, who was also unseeded and is further west of us, got to stay home and host Monmouth (who is located in New Jersey), while we had to go west to play Weber State.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:39 pm
BobLovely wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:40 pm I totally agree with his idea! We truly got "hosed" with our first round match up last year...

Bob
And significant numbers of non-WIU fans were saying the same thing. Brian Mac, the guys that do a lot of the NDSU Bison media stuff, practically everyone on AnyGivenSaturday, etc.
We were too good to have been sent on the road to another phenomenally good team.
UNI, who was also unseeded and is further west of us, got to stay home and host Monmouth (who is located in New Jersey), while we had to go west to play Weber State.
Hosed, yes. But these things tend to even out. We got a gift by facing Dayton in the first round two or three years back.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Bob
I can't imagine how this parring of Western at Weber was presented and ratified by what ever Douche bag Horse sh*t committee. Maybe I need to pay more attention. Are the parties involved that pair teams and set the bracket made public? If Charlie was on the fence with the ASU deal I can imagine this put him over.