2019 Week 1 - Around the MVFC

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:38 pm Time for a rule change. NIU calls timeout near end of half for FG attempt. ISU calls 3 consecutive timeouts to ice the kicker. Just think how many people wanted to head to the head to take a leak while that was going on. :lol:
It's a pretty solid defensive battle. Looks like ISU has trouble throwing the ball, but their defense is absolutely solid.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:42 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:38 pm Time for a rule change. NIU calls timeout near end of half for FG attempt. ISU calls 3 consecutive timeouts to ice the kicker. Just think how many people wanted to head to the head to take a leak while that was going on. :lol:
It's a pretty solid defensive battle. Looks like ISU has trouble throwing the ball, but their defense is absolutely solid.
At least their QB looks about equal to what I saw out of Sampson. Both seem fairly uncertain in their play.
Western_101

rocki wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:49 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:42 pm
At least their QB looks about equal to what I saw out of Sampson. Both seem fairly uncertain in their play.
Seal, appeal to the NCAA, I mean yeah I get it, Hey a man has to get rid of those rum 'n' cokes at some point. If your wife or kids aren't in the room use the pitcher for watering the plants..... :? wait ...I didn't say that.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

NIU beats Illinois State, 24-10 in a game that was a lot closer than the score indicated. While trying to make something happen late, ISU throws a pick-6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

And our Week 4 opponent, Tennessee Tech takes down Samford in 2 OT. TTU started strong, but Samford pulled ahead and had a pretty large lead. Samford was up 38-15 near the end of the 3rd quarter...TTU gets a TD near the end, then puts up 22 points in the 4th to tie it up. TDs for each team in the 1st OT, Samford gets one to start the 2nd OT, then TTU gets one and instead of kicking to tie, they go for the 2 point conversion to win and get it.
Final score of 59-58 Tennessee Tech.

Samford was the team that Youngstown State beat in 45-22 in Week 0.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

So to wrap up this weekend's scores...

Southern Illinois - 26
Southeast Missouri - 44

Missouri State - 23
Northern Arizona - 37

South Dakota State - 21
FBS Minnesota - 28

Butler - 10
North Dakota State - 57

Montana - 31
South Dakota - 17

Indiana State - 17
FBS Kansas - 24

Northern Iowa - 26
#21 FBS Iowa State - 29
in 3 OT periods

Illinois State - 10
FBS Northern Illinois - 24

And other teams we play this season:

FBS Colorado - 52
FBS Colorado State - 31

Montana State - 10
FBS Texas Tech - 45

Samford - 58
Tennessee Tech - 59
in 2 OT periods
wiu712

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:23 pm NIU beats Illinois State, 24-10 in a game that was a lot closer than the score indicated.
Attendance at Northern Illinois = 14,568.
Western_101

Edit: the below comment is about the NIU vs ISU game.

I listened to this blowhard on the tv going on and on about the attendance at the NIU game (when I could clearly see the opposing side wasn't even half full). Also, I stopped counting after 10 the amount of times this cat alluded too we were watching Big Ten caliber play. Ridiculous.

So this how I see things after week one.

North Dakota State
Northern Iowa
South Dakota State
Indiana State
Youngstown State
Illinois State
South Dakota
Missouri State
Southern Illinois
Western Illinois

Of course this is subject to change from week to week :D :D

This is completely my opinion others can feel free to interject their opinions.