2019 Week 2 - Around the MVFC

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

MVFC Teams
(all games on Saturday, Sept. 7)

12:00 PM - Dayton at Indiana State, ESPN+
1:00 PM - Howard at Youngstown State, ESPN+
2:30 PM - Southern Illinois at FBS UMass, FloFootball
2:30 PM - North Dakota at North Dakota State, ESPN+
4:00 PM - Southern Utah at Northern Iowa, ESPN3
6:00 PM - South Dakota at #4 FBS Oklahoma, SoonerSportsTV PPV
6:00 PM - Long Island at South Dakota State, ESPN3
6:30 PM - Morehead State at Illinois State, ESPN+

For those that aren't aware, Long Island University (playing SDSU this weekend) is a new DI program formed from the merger of the athletics deptartments of LIU-Post and LIU-Brooklyn. LIU-Brooklyn played in DI, but did not sponsor football, while LIU-Post played in DII and did sponsor football. Because Brooklyn was DI, they did not have to follow the usual multi-year process of moving from DII to DI. They are considered full DI this year, compete in the NEC and go by the nickname "Sharks": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIU_Sharks

Other Teams on our 2019 Schedule
1:30 PM - Tennessee Tech at FBS Miami (OH), ESPN+
7:00 PM - Southeast Missouri State at Montana State, SWX Montana
8:00 PM - North Alabama at Montana, ABC Montana & Altitude 2

Other Area Teams
11:00 AM - Rutgers at #20 Iowa, FS1
12:00 PM - Northern Illinois at #14 Utah, PAC12
2:30 PM - Illinois at UConn, CBSSN
2:30 PM - Eastern Illinois at Indiana, BTN
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

My man! this is a lot of info. Really about 95% of the stuff i'm interested in.

Scott of course you can work from home and work for ESPN. No need to move out to Bristol.

Ya just got to get the one sound tight room in your house back dropped to look like a ESPN satellite studio. Give it over the top garish lighting to prove your ligit, non echo sound and there you go. Remember to look agitated and yell talk, folks seem to like that.
Western_101

Hey I've been thinking for awhile that my "once thought to be tongue in check and whimsical" Identity of Redneck needs to be retired.

I don't want to disclaim or not identify with my past, however how do I get a new identity. I need a new name. Anybody have any thoughts or feedback. I want to retire the "Redneck" moniker. I don't like it anymore.

There were conversations involving our past President that I felt inappropriate to comment due to the nature of my social inappropriateness in name. It was a stupid name that I thought was funny at the moment.

My previous identity was"Western_101" as in learn the basics....I would go back to that if Scott would allow it. My caveat is I want to own up to all of the good and the less good things I have posted. Let's be honest Redneck has overstated it's welcome :D :D but I will own my history.

Thoughts Scott? Kinda unprecedented...lol in a low level way. I'll wait for your judjment/verdict.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Western_101 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:55 am Hey I've been thinking for awhile that my "once thought to be tongue in check and whimsical" Identity of Redneck needs to be retired.

I don't want to disclaim or not identify with my past, however how do I get a new identity. I need a new name. Anybody have any thoughts or feedback. I want to retire the "Redneck" moniker. I don't like it anymore.

There were conversations involving our past President that I felt inappropriate to comment due to the nature of my social inappropriateness in name. It was a stupid name that I thought was funny at the moment.

My previous identity was"Western_101" as in learn the basics....I would go back to that if Scott would allow it. My caveat is I want to own up to all of the good and the less good things I have posted. Let's be honest Redneck has overstated it's welcome :D :D but I will own my history.

Thoughts Scott? Kinda unprecedented...lol in a low level way. I'll wait for your judjment/verdict.
You are now officially Western_101. All your posts as Redneck are still connected to your account. If you want to make it easier for people to know who you were, you could toss something in your signature saying something like "former Redneck" or something.
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:33 am
Western_101 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:55 am Hey I've been thinking for awhile that my "once thought to be tongue in check and whimsical" Identity of Redneck needs to be retired.

You are now officially Western_101. All your posts as Redneck are still connected to your account. If you want to make it easier for people to know who you were, you could toss something in your signature saying something like "former Redneck" or something.
Or, it could be "the artist formerly known as Redneck" :lol:
Western_101

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:33 am

Cool, Thanks Scott....from the troll formerly known as Redneck :lol:
wiu712

Besides being on ESPN+, the Morehead State at Illinois State game will also be on NBC Sports Chicago Plus. Game time is 6:30 PM.

Besides being on ESPN3, the Southern Utah at Northern Iowa game will also be on KGCW-TV (Burlington). Game tims is 4:00 PM.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

It's not MVFC, but if you're interested in seeing FCS teams take down FBS teams, Kennesaw State is in OT against Kent State currently. All tied up at 23.

EDIT - Kennesaw State fumbles on their possession. Kent State makes a 43 yard FG to win in OT.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Dayton chops down the Sycamores...42-35 is the final
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Youngstown State beats Howard, 54-28