Kansas Wesleyan Football

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
wiu712

Former Western Long-Snapper Mike Famigletti (2011-2013) is now the Offensive Coordinator for Kansas Wesleyan.

He is joined at Kansas Wesleyan by Head Coach Myers Hendrickson (Wide Receiver at Western 2008-2011) and Running Backs Coach Mark Hendrickson (Offensive Coordinator at Western 1999-2007; Head Coach at Western 2008-2012).

Kansas Wesleyan was 12-1 in 2019 with their only loss coming in the quarterfinals of the NAIA Football Championship Series.
meganeck

KWU is 4-0 to start the season, Myers is now 24-3 as head coach at KWU. Might be a name to keep an eye on when WIU is need of a new head coach. Also his dad is still on the staff as WR coach. Also not sure if there any sour feelings between WIU and Hendrickson, so not sure if he would even be interested if the job came open, but I doubt he will be at KWU long if he keeps winning like that.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:16 pm KWU is 4-0 to start the season, Myers is now 24-3 as head coach at KWU. Might be a name to keep an eye on when WIU is need of a new head coach. Also his dad is still on the staff as WR coach. Also not sure if there any sour feelings between WIU and Hendrickson, so not sure if he would even be interested if the job came open, but I doubt he will be at KWU long if he keeps winning like that.

I'm glad he's doing well, but I think I'd like him to get a bit more experience at a higher level before bringing him on as a HC. If that's a job he wants to get to eventually, I'd like to see him at least spend some time as an assistant coach somewhere at the DI level.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:22 pm
meganeck wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:16 pm KWU is 4-0 to start the season, Myers is now 24-3 as head coach at KWU. Might be a name to keep an eye on when WIU is need of a new head coach. Also his dad is still on the staff as WR coach. Also not sure if there any sour feelings between WIU and Hendrickson, so not sure if he would even be interested if the job came open, but I doubt he will be at KWU long if he keeps winning like that.

I'm glad he's doing well, but I think I'd like him to get a bit more experience at a higher level before bringing him on as a HC. If that's a job he wants to get to eventually, I'd like to see him at least spend some time as an assistant coach somewhere at the DI level.

I agree and I hope WIU isn't looking for a Head coach anytime soon and like I said he will probably be getting job offers at higher levels if he keeps this success up.