Where's Molinari off to now...

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Looks like Coach Mo is headed out east to Boston College now:
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:31 pm Looks like Coach Mo is headed out east to Boston College now:
Interesting.. I wonder if he has any desire to be a head coach again or if he is content to be an assistant coach.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:21 am Interesting.. I wonder if he has any desire to be a head coach again or if he is content to be an assistant coach.
Probably not, it seems like. He probably could have picked up a HC position somewhere along the way, but being an assistant at a Big 10, Big 12, or ACC team is probably less pressure, pays better (at least, better than we were paying him). When he started with us, he was originally signed to a $116k contract with a $6k increase per year for 8 years topping out at a bit over $160k if he was here for 8 years. Meanwhile, he earned $230k/year as an assistant at Nebraska and $245k at Oklahoma. I'd have to imagine it'll be about the same at BC, but they're private, so it's often harder to get contract details in those situations.

Still, his kids are grown, he's probably getting close to retiring (he's 66), and I'd imagine it's kinda fun to spend a few years in an area, check things out, get paid very well, then move along to another area.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:24 am
meganeck wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:21 am Interesting.. I wonder if he has any desire to be a head coach again or if he is content to be an assistant coach.
Probably not, it seems like. He probably could have picked up a HC position somewhere along the way, but being an assistant at a Big 10, Big 12, or ACC team is probably less pressure, pays better (at least, better than we were paying him). When he started with us, he was originally signed to a $116k contract with a $6k increase per year for 8 years topping out at a bit over $160k if he was here for 8 years. Meanwhile, he earned $230k/year as an assistant at Nebraska and $245k at Oklahoma. I'd have to imagine it'll be about the same at BC, but they're private, so it's often harder to get contract details in those situations.

Still, his kids are grown, he's probably getting close to retiring (he's 66), and I'd imagine it's kinda fun to spend a few years in an area, check things out, get paid very well, then move along to another area.
that's what I figured he is content now being an assistant, good pay, less pressure etc.