This is nice

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
sealhall74

I usually go to the ISC World Tournament but not this year because I am heading to west coast next week with the ChiCubs. Instead, I am really enjoying it on the internet this year. Pretty nice feed even though they had to scale back to just a single camera because they lost a sponsor or two. This has me thinking that all college sports feeds should be using something similar w/ the chat bar alongside so people can ask questions, share info while game is in progress. Sure, there is that occasional idiot who posts something that should not be there (sort of like someone putting up a nude statue of a certain presidential candidate i;) ) but they are easy enough to clean up if someone is monitoring.

[tweet]766747127967985664[/tweet]

If you want to watch, here is a link to the ISC site.
http://iscfastpitch.com/
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

It was nice yesterday but you must've got quite a bit of rain overnight. Today, the network folks scurrying to Best Buy for some things that got waterlogged. **it happens in life. No audio or video but we are getting some good keyboard play by play right now.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

We only had maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of an inch overnight in Macomb, but I think it was heavier and/or longer duration up north a bit.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Toronto Gators (Canadian sponsor, mostly Aussie and/or Kiwii players) defeated Hill United Chiefs (also Canadian sponsor, also Aussie and/or Kiwi players) in championship game. If fastpitch softball were an olympic sport, the USA would suck at best right now. No good pitchers coming up in our country. Was not like that in the "good ol' days". The Aussies and Kiwi players are for all intents and purposes professional players who play the sport year round. They are incredible at what they do. They put all new lighting up this year in Moline. Seems like that gave a noticeable advantage to the hitters. They hit some bombs. Usually there is a lot of 1-0, 2-1 games. Not this year.
Tere North

Women's fastpitch softball will be back in the Olympics for 2020 in Tokyo.