NCAA FCS

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
Western_101

Just curious what people's opinions are about the NCAAs decision a decade ago to Designate Division I football as FBS & FCS?

My guess is besides this board less than 1% of the population has any clue what either of those designations represent.

Most people I have encountered when or if Western football is brought up think it is D-II. Most people I encounter think Northern Illinois and Western Michigan are something other than D-1.

Any suggestions for how the NCAA can help the public dissect D-IA, D-IAA , BCS, P-5, FBS, FCS, G-5, DII, 63, 85,36 @#^!! :(

NCAA needs help branding. How bout D-I63 D-I85.....I guess that sounds like a new Caterpillar Dozer Model....or an octane of Diesel :lol:

I know someone on this board has to have a better idea.
sealhall74

This is about as good as it will get with token leadership in place. All decisions are made via committee and working groups. They need to run it more like a business with a strong leadership heirarachy, board of directors, etc.
Embrace the pace of the race.