Macomb Fire Chief Andy Taylor Passes Away

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
DoubleNeck

Sad news will be coming out today...unfortunately, it may affect the football team.
IlliniNeck

I guess things were going too well...
Neckfansince71

Not ominous, just very vey sad! jc
rocki

Did someone on the team lose someone, or someone got hurt?

Please spell it out for us - vagueness is not a good thing.
LocalFan

Macomb community is mourning right now...

http://tspr.org/post/macomb-mourns-death-fire-chief
rocki

Tragic. I pray for the day that mental health care is no longer taboo, that people won't suffer in silence and get the help they need. :cry:
BobLovely

rocki wrote:Tragic. I pray for the day that mental health care is no longer taboo, that people won't suffer in silence and get the help they need. :cry:
I most certainly agree! Tragic news...

Bob
wiu712

This news is probably the reason that yesterday's "Town and Gown" banquet was cancelled.
DoubleNeck

My apologies to the football forum for my initial post on this topic. I was told last night by a reliable source that this could affect the football team, but that information was not true, and I did not verify before posting.

Regardless, let's keep Chief Taylor's family, friends, and co-workers in our thoughts and prayers.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote:This news is probably the reason that yesterday's "Town and Gown" banquet was cancelled.
Yea, it was. It's been pretty rough around here through the morning. Two of my coworkers have kids that go to school with his kids, and lots of people in the community knew him.

There's a photo on his wife's facebook page from last fall that shows their two boys both wearing #44 Brett Taylor jerseys. I don't know for sure, but it looks like they were related. Possibly Brett's uncle or something (I think the age would be about right).

For anyone in the Macomb area, there is an "Out of the Darkness Walk" that benefits the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention that's been planned for a while now that is happening tomorrow. A person I know in town here lost her father to suicide earlier this year and she's been doing quite a bit to make it successful. If you are interested in more information or are interested in donating, you can do that here: http://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fu ... entID=4259
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000