Job oppurtunities

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
leatherneckcountry

Hey guys does anyone know of anyone in the macomb area hiring I have my Bachelor's degree in broadcasting.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:Hey guys does anyone know of anyone in the macomb area hiring I have my Bachelor's degree in broadcasting.
There's not really a ton of broadcasting jobs in Macomb right now. There's essentially one radio group: http://macombradio.com/ and I think they've been phasing out a lot of their local on-air talent for remote shows. I guess it's cheaper to pay a company in Texas (for example) for 6 hours of generic radio content that fits a specific format than it is to pay a local person to be on-air live. It kinda depends on what your focus is though...with radio, you could possibly get a job in the area, but if you're TV, then you pretty much have to look to Peoria, Quad Cities, or Quincy.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

leatherneckcountry wrote:Hey guys does anyone know of anyone in the macomb area hiring I have my Bachelor's degree in broadcasting.
The Macomb radio group has been running an ad recently saying that there are going to be expanding their local on-air talent and were taking applications.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote:
The Macomb radio group has been running an ad recently saying that there are going to be expanding their local on-air talent and were taking applications.
Ah, that's interesting, I had not heard those ads yet.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000