SLT 2017

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
OldHare

How many Leathernecks will make it to Sioux Falls? The WBB has brought family and a few dignitaries in recent years. The year CC3 and Parks were playing well enough to make noise, there was a larger WIU crowd. What kind of numbers will come this year?
wiu712

Four years ago for the 2013 Tournament, the University sponsored student fan buses.

I have not heard of anything being organized for this year. Of course, the finances are much different today in comparison to 2013.

ST Lawson has reported that that Pep Band will be there this year. And we expect that the cheerleaders, pom squad, and Rocky will be there.
sealhall74

My new "Fear the Purple" and "Real Men Wear Purple" Ts are washed and ready. Flying out Friday and will be there for the duration. If you are a numbers guy, you may be interested in this chart I put together. It uses the current Massey Matchup projections to come up with the probabilities of all 8 possible paths to a championship for any given team. Clearly shows that the USD men are the odds on favorite going in. For the women, it is a crap shoot for any of the top 4 teams with the Jacks having a slight advantage.

Embrace the pace of the race.
KeiraKnight

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:35 am My new "Fear the Purple" and "Real Men Wear Purple" Ts are washed and ready. Flying out Friday and will be there for the duration. If you are a numbers guy, you may be interested in this chart I put together. It uses the current Massey Matchup projections to come up with the probabilities of all 8 possible paths to a championship for todays expert bandy betting tips any given team. Clearly shows that the USD men are the odds on favorite going in. For the women, it is a crap shoot for any of the top 4 teams with the Jacks having a slight advantage.

Grear chart, thanks for sharing :)
Last edited by KeiraKnight on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
OldHare

Men's schedule and TV.
http://www.thesummitleague.org/tourname ... racket.pdf

WBB
http://www.thesummitleague.org/tourname ... racket.pdf
Live video action is available for all games.
OldHare

WIU placed 2(Blumer & Clemens) players on first team and 1(Higginbotham) player on second team. JD Gravina is named Coach of the Year. Clemens is named Player of the Year. A good year for the Leatherneck women.
wiu712

South Dakota State beat Omaha 79-77 to win the Men's Championship.

Attendance = 9,441.
sealhall74

Once again, I fly away very impressed with the show these Sioux Falls folks put on. The Fan Fest in the Old Barn was a nice addition. Not having the Home and Garden Show at the Convention Center during tournament weekend made parking a lot easier but it has never been much of problem even then. The only change I would make is to bring out a high-powered TShirt gun or two next year. Pretty lame having cheerleaders struggle to toss the Ts to rows 1, 2 and 3. A lot of the folks were catching them and then tossing them again to the rows behind them. They no doubt are lot like me. How many T-shirts from 5Ks and other sporting events does one need in life? Like Arnold said, "I'll be back" to Sioux Falls again next year.
Forgot to mention how popular the 3point drinking games were here. I sat all over the arena during the tournament and always seemed to be within range of someone paying up or cashing in. I dont even know what the rules are. Have to go to wiki I guess.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

South Dakota is in the NIT. IPFW is in the CIT.