Soon no more IPWF

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
leatherface

From Bisonville:

IPFW will soon be no more.

The Purdue Board of Trustees on Friday approved a resolution to change the name of IPFW to Purdue University Fort Wayne (PUFW).
The naming will take effect with the July 1, 2018 realignment of the university, pending the approval of the state's Higher Learning Commission. According to a press release, the campus will be commonly known as "Purdue Fort Wayne."

In its meeting Friday at IPFW, Purdue trustees said the name was selected in part after feedback from an online survey conducted in February. The survey suggested two new names for the school, Purdue University Fort Wayne and Purdue University Northeast.
sealhall74

Name change or no name change, I am not expecting a Mastodon fan board anytime soon. They need a culture change more than a name change.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

Wondering if the same will happen for IUPUI, e.g., PUI, Purdue Indianapolis.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Tere North wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:15 pm Wondering if the same will happen for IUPUI, e.g., PUI, Purdue Indianapolis.
So...I guess they'd just be "pooey" then?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:45 pm
Tere North wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:15 pm Wondering if the same will happen for IUPUI, e.g., PUI, Purdue Indianapolis.
So...I guess they'd just be "pooey" then?
Well, that might be a step up from ooey, pooey. At least they'd only be pooey, not an extra dose of ooey in front :lol:
beauspencer

Wondering if the same will happen for IUPUI, e.g., PUI, Purdue Indianapolis.
Should not affect IUPUI as this is a name change due to the changing academic structure at IPFW. Purdue will now hold a majority of the programs at IPFW, whereas in the past it was more of an even split between Indiana and Purdue. I don't believe there is any such restructuring happening at IUPUI.