Any Woodworkers out there?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
sealhall74

Working on my man-cave. I want a DIY dartboard cabinet, roughly 22x22 with the WIU Athletics logo (below) preferably etched or engraved onto the doors of it. Would be similar in appearance to the KU example below. If I had a laser machine like the one in the Youtube video below, it would be a piece of cake. Does the university or any sign companies in Macomb provide such an engraving service? If not, I guess I can go the paint brush route as long as I have a really good logo stencil to work from. Would a well-sized stencil of the logo be available anywhere so I could sort of use it like the "Paint the Paws" stencil that they lay down on the pavement and slap the paint into it. Last alternative would be to create my own stencil from 8 1/2 x 11 printer pages and get out the exacto knife. That would be tedious cutting out all of them letters. Ouch. Anybody have some thoughts?

[youtube][/youtube]
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Another promising possibility is to use some wall cling art that is available from the WIU Visual Production Center.

https://photocart.wiu.edu/

The advantage there is I could have more than one door image and change them up for the different sports seasons. I like that idea a lot.
sealhall74

Here is a first cut at my dartboard cabinet door design. Shooting for a rustic "barn door" look. Half of the W will be on each door. Hoping I can find someone to laser etch those images on the doors. If not, I will be painting them on or possibly "mod podging" them as best I can. Block W is made from wood and might have a narrow gold border trim on the edge and facing of the wood.

If this turns out well, I might put one up for auction in the P&G Gala next month.
wiu712

That block W looks good!