Is it OK to sit during ...

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.

Is it better for bench players to sit or stand during a volleyball match

Sit throughout
No votes
Stand throughout
14%
It makes no difference
No votes
A combination of sitting and standing as appropriate for the situation
86%
What idiot thought up this poll question
No votes

Total votes: 7
sealhall74

... sorry this is not about the National Anthem, but instead about volleyball players on the bench. I watched some of yesterday's action on the All Access channel. It was a tough day for the Leathernecks. Granted I have not watched much volleyball lately, but I was shocked to see the bench players always standing throughout the matches. A Google search on this finds there is some debate on the matter (If you sit down you get tight, it keeps you involved, yatta, yatta, yatta). My two cents are this. First, when you are playing five or six hours of ball during the day, it makes sense to conserve energy by sitting down for a spell during the matches. Second, rather than standing all the time, I would have the bench players doing periodic kneeling on one knee hip flexor stretches to avoid getting stiff as standing around can be worse IMHO. Well, that is all the pennies I have. Now you have the chance to weigh in.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:17 am ... sorry this is not about the National Anthem, but instead about volleyball players on the bench. I watched some of yesterday's action on the All Access channel. It was a tough day for the Leathernecks. Granted I have not watched much volleyball lately, but I was shocked to see the bench players always standing throughout the matches. A Google search on this finds there is some debate on the matter (If you sit down you get tight, it keeps you involved, yatta, yatta, yatta). My two cents are this. First, when you are playing five or six hours of ball during the day, it makes sense to conserve energy by sitting down for a spell during the matches. Second, rather than standing all the time, I would have the bench players doing periodic kneeling on one knee hip flexor stretches to avoid getting stiff as standing around can be worse IMHO. Well, that is all the pennies I have. Now you have the chance to weigh in.
Yeah I've been to several volleyball games and i've never seen anyone sitting for any of the teams.