How is Dunkin Donuts coming along?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:
Tere North wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:19 pm I heard Five Guys will be in the old Golden Corral with Starbucks.
I’ve never actually been to a 5 guys
I've been to one, down in Georgia. Wasn't impressed, but maybe it was just that location. If it shows up in Macomb I'll definitely give it a try or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

"In-n-Out" would be my choice :D

"Whataburger" also solid.

Lets Make Macomb a Burger Destination!
sealhall74

I like Five Guys. You can munch down on in the shell peanuts while you wait for your food. If you like French Fries, their's are top notch IMHO. Little greasy, holds the salt nicely, and they give you way more than the little white cup container can hold. They just dump a huge batch into the brown paper bag which soaks up the extra grease. Little pricey though. A double burger, small fries and drink will cost you 11 to 12 bucks in my neighborhood.

I also see than a McAllisters is coming to Galesburg in the next few months.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

So it looks like Max and Molly’s has closed which is disappointing I enjoyed going there for breakfast and they always seem to be busy.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:So it looks like Max and Molly’s has closed which is disappointing I enjoyed going there for breakfast and they always seem to be busy.
I saw on Facebook that they announced that someone was taking over and would continue it under a different name but with essentially the same menu.

Also the old El Rancherito has a liquor license sign in front now. Looks like someone is going to give it another shot. Maybe different ownership?...not sure how things work if a place gets shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Forgottonia Brewing was a featured story on the KHQA Morning News:
https://khqa.com/news/local/forgottonia ... -macomb-il
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:49 pm Forgottonia Brewing was a featured story on the KHQA Morning News:
https://khqa.com/news/local/forgottonia ... -macomb-il
Interesting. Maybe just maybe WIU should offer a course or two, maybe even a certificate or minor in beer making. We would not be the first college to do it and would not even be the first college in Illinois (Siebel Institute) to do it. Just my opinion, but if you are offering up a minor in things like Stage Combat and Scuba Diving, it cant be much of stretch to get to Beer Brewing. ;)

http://allaboutbeer.com/article/beer-schools/

https://www.siebelinstitute.com/
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Los Charros will be moving into the former El Rancherito building on West Jackson.

There are other Los Charros in Aledo, Rushville, and Carthage. Don't know if the Macomb Los Charros is affiliated with those other three.
leatherneckcountry

wiu712 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:41 am Los Charros will be moving into the former El Rancherito building on West Jackson.

There are other Los Charros in Aledo, Rushville, and Carthage. Don't know if the Macomb Los Charros is affiliated with those other three.
I was told the people opening that are also reopening Max and Molly’s and own the one in rushville not sure about the aledo and Carthage ones.
leatherneckcountry

So I’ve heard a rumor today that the person who owns Louie’s has bought red ox does anyone know of any plans